The Official AFC Wimbledon Match Thread (Sponsored by The Closest Away Day "for all your "At Least We'll be Home Early..." needs) | Page 10 | Vital Football

The Official AFC Wimbledon Match Thread (Sponsored by The Closest Away Day "for all your "At Least We'll be Home Early..." needs)

You can see how much Clemence rates the strikers at his disposal by the fact that when he took Hawkins off he didn’t put another striker on.
Is it his fault or Jackett’s for getting rid of Bonne and Nichols and signing the injured Andrews, Walker and the sadly crocked Hurtado in their stead?
Exactly been saying that all along,utter madness

I think Clemence has to be brutally honest with the players tomorrow morning.
This performance was substandard, even with eleven players on the pitch.
Wimbledon bossed much of the game.
2-0 flattered us.
Maybe he should also look at himself and his insistence on five across the back.
To me he doesn't give off any vibes, that he is the sort of person, to throw teacups around, he may be a good coach, but is he really a manager as well, I don't think so,
And I have to be honest, I don't think most of the players give a toss.

In all seriousness, what is the point in bringing off Hawkins for McKenzie in a must not lose game. Just pss poor from Clem and if it was Harris everyone would lose their shit with that tactical decision (who I was fine to see to go as was bored shitless watching his teams). How have we managed to end up with the most toothless , dull in terms of attack football team 3 seasons in a row ? A big part of me wants the season to end so I can have a well deserved break from watching it.
Agree with this, when I saw McKenzie coming on, I assumed he’d be in midfield / box-to-box, not centre back. We get overrun in midfield as we don’t keep the ball well enough in the attacking areas, so the decision to weaken the front to try and park the bus was so disappointing. We put them under no pressure at all - what’s the point in trying to protect goal difference when we’re already about 30 goals behind!

Squad disciplinary issues haven’t helped either.

We’ve had a guy spout off with a homophobic/racist/misogynistic rant. Two team mates getting in to a scuffle on the pitch. A boy racer smashing in to a wall. I recall Lapslie being criticised for not being available. And there are rumours about Livermore’s conduct.

Full clear out? Be careful what you wish for, The replacements on that scale could be costly, A totally new regime will have to settle quickly, sign better player's and get them to gel and playing well ASAP. Not an easy call. Who will advise Brad and Shannon?

2-0 flattered us.
Maybe he should also look at himself and his insistence on five across the back.
McKenzie in for Masterson, Nadesan in for Mahoney and no other changes. Better chances than anything running this week at Cheltenham.

Last edited:
There were signs of improvement in the Notts game but the performances since have been substandard overall.

Straight after the whistle = Player Ratings

Morris 7 and MotM for keeping the score less embarrassing

Hutton didn't do much wrong 5.

Clark caused a wasted substitution through poor discipline 4

Ehmer 5 after a shaky start

Ogie never gave up 6

Masterson twat for the second card so soon after a correct first one = 3

Coleman a solid 6

Dieng, ok first half. Poor second half and awful mistake for second goal. 4

Mahoney, ok first half but faded = 5

Williams - ok - 6.

Hawkins did well on his own = 6

Subs : McK, Malone, George and Nadesan showed 50 shades of fuckall between them so 4 each although in fairness it wasn't their fault as the game was already lost! A worthy 5 for Walker for at least seeming to be interested.

Lowest scorers by 3 goals now, I believe.

F###ing boring.

1992/3 was more fun and that includes the horror show that was Barnet away (2 og's, lost 2 0, bottom at the time).

Ogie never gave up 6

Coleman a solid 6

Williams - ok - 6.

Subs : McK, Malone, George and Nadesan showed 50 shades of fuckall between them so 4 each although in fairness it wasn't their fault as the game was already lost! A worthy 5 for Walker for at least seeming to be interested.
Morris didn’t deserve a 7. Should have done better with the 1 goal. Partied the second out directly to their CF.

Ogie was the best player by a margin.

2-0 flattered us.
Half agree at least but honestly with the absence of any seriously effective strikers in the squad how would 4 at the back help. With this hand of cards it's a grim game of percentages against the odds.

Lowest scorers by 3 goals now, I believe.

F###ing boring.

1992/3 was more fun and that includes the horror show that was Barnet away (2 og's, lost 2 0, bottom at the time).
Lol I was there too, god awful performance, but I think it may have been 93/94

You can see how much Clemence rates the strikers at his disposal by the fact that when he took Hawkins off he didn’t put another striker on.
Is it his fault or Jackett’s for getting rid of Bonne and Nichols and signing the injured Andrews, Walker and the sadly crocked Hurtado in their stead?
Getting rid of Bonne was essential whether replaced or not

Ogie never gave up 6

Coleman a solid 6

Williams - ok - 6.

My only disagreement with those would be that Clark off for Malone is a regular sub at 60 mins anyway. Not sure you can blame Ill discipline and a wasted substitution just cos it happened after 58 minutes today.

Some major failings this season, our attacking options have been quite pitiful. Nadasen a non league player who’s only contributions all season are a couple of tap ins. Walker isn’t up to it either and I’d genuinely prefer to see any of our centre backs upfront. The recruitment of Ogie and Coleman have been good but apart from that I’m struggling to see value for money in both Jacketts and Hess.

Ogie never gave up 6

Coleman a solid 6

Williams - ok - 6.

My only disagreement with those would be that Clark off for Malone is a regular sub at 60 mins anyway. Not sure you can blame Ill discipline and a wasted substitution just cos it happened after 58 minutes today.
Clark had a poor game anyway, gave the ball away a lot and it was a terrible header that lead to the Ehmer yellow.