The National league... | Page 4 | Vital Football

The National league...

Good luck to Ebbsfleet United this afternoon. If they beat Dorking, at Dorking, they will join Maidstone in the National League (Premier) - just one step behind us !!!

Ebbsfleet leading 2-1 with 3 minutes into time added and then - Dorking equalise and score the GWG in extra time !!!! Hard luck on Ebbsfleet.

The guy on Radio Kent said that they'd gone 2 minutes over the allocated 6 minutes of injury time when Dorking equalised. Who was the ref, Mark Halsey??
Their fans fault, lobbed a flare onto the pitch when they scored their second goal which took time to clear adding the extra minutes. Loved the Dorking fans singing "thanks for the flare"

So York City return to the National league because they won the National league North play-offs, which I'm quite pleased about.
But spare a thought for Brackley Town, who finished 21 points above them in 2nd place. Rules are rules but seems somehow unfair on them.

So York City return to the National league because they won the National league North play-offs, which I'm quite pleased about.
But spare a thought for Brackley Town, who finished 21 points above them in 2nd place. Rules are rules but seems somehow unfair on them.

I`ve no sympathy for Brackley, or AFC Fylde.

Brackley had a good season, as did AFC Fylde, and the play-off format was heavily weighted in favour of both Brackley and AFC Fylde, but neither team could produce when it really counted.

The play-offs, for York, involved a home win over Chorley followed by an away game at Brackley - where they won 0-1. They then clinched promotion in their third game, home victory over Boston.

I watched York City beat Fylde, in York (NLN), a couple of weeks ago - they are a pretty good side and have amazing support. Attendances were around 6.5K for both home play-off games.

Brackley and Fylde both had superior play-off teams on paper and both had significant advantage in the play-offs, they didn`t perform when it mattered - that`s down to them. Well done York City.

Yes he came on as a sub in the 87th minute and played a part in their winning goal in extra time.
He was a good young player. Not sure what goes wrong with too many of our younger players. I think Harris has probably found at least one problem that he is addressing or has already addressed. Doubt this can help Oldaker or anyone else that has already left.

He was a good young player. Not sure what goes wrong with too many of our younger players. I think Harris has probably found at least one problem that he is addressing or has already addressed. Doubt this can help Oldaker or anyone else that has already left.

What problem is/was that Chris? And what has he done?

I know NH put it on his agenda to get our youth set up and pathways sorted out. Nice to hear he’s already achieving things.

What problem is/was that Chridos? And what has he done?

I know NH put it on his agenda to get our youth set up and pathways sorted out. Nice to hear he’s already achieving things.
We don't have any details only that he arrived and clearly wasn't happy with the development side.
My own take on things .....This is a guess that it could be too many players were given new professional deals and then simply left to bum around for a year or two.With no real strategy or chance of development unless they went on loan or got a place in the team.

NLP play-off started last night.

Grimsby Town won away at Notts County (1-2 in extra time) in front of a 12,000+ crowd. As a result, Grimsby will play away to Wrexham on Saturday. Winner of that game advances to the promotion play-off final at West Ham`s ground next week.

Next PO game is tonight - Chesterfield away at Halifax Town.

NLP play-off started last night.

Grimsby Town won away at Notts County (1-2 in extra time) in front of a 12,000+ crowd. As a result, Grimsby will play away to Wrexham on Saturday. Winner of that game advances to the promotion play-off final at West Ham`s ground next week.

Next PO game is tonight - Chesterfield away at Halifax Town.

I saw that. Grimsby equaliser in the 90+6 min with the last kick of the game. And their winner in the 119th min with nearly the last kick of extra time.

I thought that kind of thing only happened to Gills.

I saw that. Grimsby equaliser in the 90+6 min with the last kick of the game. And their winner in the 119th min with nearly the last kick of extra time.

I thought that kind of thing only happened to Gills.

Haha, know what you mean.

I watched the game and, tbf, Grimsby were the better side on the night. I doubt they`ll give Wrexham an easy ride on Saturday.

Halifax have just lost to Chesterfield, so the latter go on to play against Solihull.

I’ve not been impressed with the quality of both games so far.

As mentioned above, Chesterfield won at Halifax, the score was 2-1.

Thought that the game at Notts County was more entertaining but all three goals scored at Halifax last night were very well set-up and very well taken.

To PuB`s point, both games have been very high pressure, as with most (or all) play-off games - personally, I thought that the quality was OK, in the circumstances, but the goals scored were excellent.

Wrexham 4-4 Grimsby in the semi-final today heading in to extra time. It’s been a crazy game so far.

Been watching it, cracking game. Wrexham been a bit lucky, awarded a soft penalty and a goal scored with the hand.