The National league... | Page 6 | Vital Football

The National league...

Remember going to Grimsby one year around firework night, Mark Saunders scored a late equaliser. I think Steve Kabba scored their goal.

Remember going to Grimsby one year around firework night, Mark Saunders scored a late equaliser. I think Steve Kabba scored their goal.

HullGills
If that was the match where the Grimsby fans were letting off rockets outside the ground over the stand we were in behind the goal onto the pitch then i was there too ! My dad was from Hull and I have a lot of family living there still Uncles, Aunts Cousins etc

Personally, I'd prefer Solihull come up. I like to see us play new and different teams. We've played Grimsby many times before, just like Wrexham, Notts County, Chesterfield etc. who I have no huge desire to see us play again any time soon. I also recall a drab 0-0 at Grimsby in the mid/late 90s, which was our next away game after that Fulham match and I think there were as many Police marshalling the away end as fans!

I've seen nearly all of the football league teams, so looking forward to seeing Barrow, Salford, Harrogate and Sutton next year, hopefully Solihull and maybe we can draw Forest Green in a cup as they'd be the last one to tick off.

On a linked note, I was also pleased to see Forest get promoted for their first top flight appearance in over two decades. Nothing more dull than seeing Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Fulham, Watford, Norwich and co yo-yoing up and down.

Personally, I'd prefer Solihull come up. I like to see us play new and different teams. We've played Grimsby many times before, just like Wrexham, Notts County, Chesterfield etc. who I have no huge desire to see us play again any time soon. I also recall a drab 0-0 at Grimsby in the mid/late 90s, which was our next away game after that Fulham match and I think there were as many Police marshalling the away end as fans!

I've seen nearly all of the football league teams, so looking forward to seeing Barrow, Salford, Harrogate and Sutton next year, hopefully Solihull and maybe we can draw Forest Green in a cup as they'd be the last one to tick off.

On a linked note, I was also pleased to see Forest get promoted for their first top flight appearance in over two decades. Nothing more dull than seeing Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Fulham, Watford, Norwich and co yo-yoing up and down.
Yup, now you will see Forest yo yoing up and down.

To be honest I'm opposite to you. I would rather us play Chesterfield, Grimsby, Notts County et all. I hate the way the newly no league get lauded by the press when they are promoted and we get it shoved sown our throats that they are being run like clubs should be!!!

To be honest I'm opposite to you. I would rather us play Chesterfield, Grimsby, Notts County et all. I hate the way the newly no league get lauded by the press when they are promoted and we get it shoved sown our throats that they are being run like clubs should be!!![/QUOTE]

I believe that some are.

I`m not a big fan of Solihull though, mainly because their ground is awful. Come on Grimmo !

Ticket prices for the NL Play-off final are raising eyebrows !

Prices were released yesterday for the final which will be played at West Ham United’s London Stadium on Sunday 5th June with the cheapest for an adult costing £43.99 !!!!

That`s a rip-off. Cheapest tickets for the League Two play-off between Mansfield & Port Vale at Wembley (where the NL play-off is usually played) started at £26 for adults.

Don`t know whether it`s West Ham or the NL that set the prices but it seems someone`s being a bit greedy.

Prices were released yesterday for the final which will be played at West Ham United’s London Stadium on Sunday 5th June with the cheapest for an adult costing £43.99 !!!!

That`s a rip-off. Cheapest tickets for the League Two play-off between Mansfield & Port Vale at Wembley (where the NL play-off is usually played) started at £26 for adults.

Don`t know whether it`s West Ham or the NL that set the prices but it seems someone`s being a bit greedy.

Yeah, there was a post on f/b (or possibly a tweet on Twitter) put out by the Vanarama NL along the lines of “we realise there is some anger about ticket prices for the play off final. We are working with the clubs to try to find a solution”. What the…?

It's to ensure that the number of stewards and security staff outnumber the number of fans and they are expensive!

I think the price is set by the National League, given that once this game was moved from Wembley it could have gone anywhere in the country (and that the immediate lower tiers behind the goals have been taken out in preparation for a concert), it seems, er, rather a poor choice.

Just seen this on the book of faces....

"Due to the high ticket prices set for the National League play-off final, Grimsby fans have raised over £12,000 to help families get to the final who otherwise couldn't afford it."

Apparently the work of a group calling themselves the Mariners Trust, good stuff.

Solihull vs Grimsby in the final this afternoon to sort out who comes up with Stockport. Still hoping for Grimbo but reckon it’ll be Solihull.

Just seen this on the book of faces....

"Due to the high ticket prices set for the National League play-off final, Grimsby fans have raised over £12,000 to help families get to the final who otherwise couldn't afford it."

Apparently the work of a group calling themselves the Mariners Trust, good stuff.

I believe the National League also stepped in (late) to provide the two clubs with an extra £20K to help out with ticket costs. I believe that Grimmo have sold appx 12K and Soulhole appx 5K, so crowd may to be circa 20 -25K when neutrals and other guests are taken into account. I`m rooting for Grimmo -

I believe the National League also stepped in (late) to provide the two clubs with an extra £20K to help out with ticket costs. I believe that Grimmo have sold appx 12K and Soulhole appx 5K, so crowd may to be circa 20 -25K when neutrals and other guests are taken into account. I`m rooting for Grimmo -

Was it not Vanarama rather than the National League?