The Morgan Sanson Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Morgan Sanson Thread

Wow, looks like Morgan got out just in time

"Marseille's match at home to Rennes in France's Ligue 1 was postponed after violent scenes at their training ground on Saturday.

Local police say that 300 Marseille supporters "violently attacked" officers at the training centre. There were 25 arrests."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55873588
In Marseille they have "violent scenes" on the postcards. Local passtime.

Wow, looks like Morgan got out just in time

"Marseille's match at home to Rennes in France's Ligue 1 was postponed after violent scenes at their training ground on Saturday.

Local police say that 300 Marseille supporters "violently attacked" officers at the training centre. There were 25 arrests."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55873588

A lot of French sides are in trouble at the moment because of the TV deal collapsing. Marseille especially though as they've players on big wages. The owner is looking to sell off whoever they can and the fans can sense dark days ahead.

I spent a fair amount of time in that part of the world in my late teens/early 20s and the people there won't put up with any bullshit. Thauvin will be gone for nothing in the summer. When/if Amavi, Payet, Calleta-Car, Kamara, Rongier and more go as well it'll get very nasty.

Shame the Nazi's weren't the home side or the Gov cracking down on Unions - France might have reacted differently.

(sorry)

Sanson seems like the be all and end all in relation to our season now. I will judge him on the pitch for us not watching you tube. But 14 million is not a great deal for a real quality premier league player nowadays. I think there is way too much expectation.

Sanson seems like the be all and end all in relation to our season now. I will judge him on the pitch for us not watching you tube. But 14 million is not a great deal for a real quality premier league player nowadays. I think there is way too much expectation.
I don't think anybody thinks he's the be all and end all Melon. Smith has been watching him for some time, i have to admit i know nothing about him, ,we may have a bargain, we will see, we are in a good position to find out though. A lot thought Watkins was not prem quality, but i think he's been a great.

Based on tonight he could literally replace any of our our midfielders apart from jack the winger.
Dont know how good he is but he cant be any worse.

He has a great opportunity, for me Barkley and McGinn are playing very poorly of late, Luiz isn't that far off either.

All 3 have been below par, but I'd say Barkley's performances have been the most disappointing. He seems to be slowing play down now, whereas earlier this season he was playing with pace and driving straight at defences with the ball. He doesn't look right at all since he came back.

I will say that despite thinking he should start there's certainly no guarantee that he'll hit the ground running. Coming from a different league we know he'll take time to settle in. However its more beneficial at the moment to get him up to speed rather than play an out of form Mcginn or Barkley.

He should start next game as there's ni justification for starting Barkley or even Mcginn ahead of him. He showed more in 15 minutes than Barkley did in the last couple of games.

He should start next game as there's ni justification for starting Barkley or even Mcginn ahead of him. He showed more in 15 minutes than Barkley did in the last couple of games.

I said this after the Brighton game. Nothings changed my opinion. Start him next week.

I said this after the Brighton game. Nothings changed my opinion. Start him next week.

Massive step up in fitness from Ligue 1 to Prem...much the same as Traore got a bit to settle in, Sanson's treatment is no different in my eyes - particularly as midfield was performing (roughly) when he came in.

So another cameo today from our Frenchman. But still no substantial role to play as yet.

What do we think?

I reckon he's being eased in gently. We're in a good position league-wise so no need to throw him in. Maybe his fitness needs building up? I think it's a responsible approach from Deano here and can't see a pressing need to throw him in.

From the very limited amount we've seen, he seems to have a bit to offer, and I look forward to him staking his claim. Definitely no rush and I like the measured approach Deano is taking.

Given what we've seen, I'd like to see him start getting more half hours now to push his fitness further. In his interview he admitted himself he was working hard on the language, and there is a massive step up from Ligue 1 to Prem, but he's worth more than just 10/20 minutes now for me.

Although undoubtedly whatever his talent, we won't see it properly until next season.

Given what we've seen, I'd like to see him start getting more half hours now to push his fitness further. In his interview he admitted himself he was working hard on the language, and there is a massive step up from Ligue 1 to Prem, but he's worth more than just 10/20 minutes now for me.

Although undoubtedly whatever his talent, we won't see it properly until next season.
Yes I'd like 20/30 minutes but that doesn't seem to be Deano's style at all, does it?

I'm hoping Deano notices from today that El Ghazi became the perfect foil for Watkins actually when he kept coming more central - wing play doesn't actually suit us. Give Bertie his 45 minutes for magic but if it's not working, let Sanson get in the middle and change things that way. Or vice versa.

I'd say we've seen enough signs that Sanson is box to box, and he seems to have a bit more technique than McGinn, so we should start experimenting a bit and seeing how he can change a game.

Sit deep when needed but also a touch more creative than McGinn/Luiz when it attack. Get them all on song and oppo's won't know where the threat is coming from.

Much in the way to begin with Barkley helped take the focus off Jack, so he was a bit more free.

I've read that back and I'm not sure I've made sense lol