The Morgan Sanson Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Morgan Sanson Thread

Doesn’t seem to be able to thread the ball or play a killer pass.
Doesn’t go past anyone.
Not a tough tackler type.
Not blessed with pace.

What sort of midfielder is he ?

Hugely disappointing so far.

All he has done so far is play safe 5 yard balls sideways or backwards.

Yes. Disappointed so far , but I suppose he is one for next season.

Looks to me he is not trying anything to fancy for fear of messing it up and is taking the safe option too much.

Yes. Disappointed so far , but I suppose he is one for next season.

Looks to me he is not trying anything to fancy for fear of messing it up and is taking the safe option too much.
Spending a bit too much time on the floor too. He described himself as a "warrior" in his interview - right now he's looking more like General Custer.... Definitely needs to adjust....

He definitely gets about the place but as has beeb me said hasn't really showed much else. However coming in in January is rarely easy anyway for foreign players plus he's come into a side struggling for form. I'm willing to bet we'll see more from him as time goes on.

Been a bit underwhelming thus far but as has been said countless times, easing yourself into the demands of playing in the Prem doesn’t happen overnight moreso seemingly with the foreign brigade. He’ll no doubt benefit from the experience and minutes on the pitch this season which should lead to greater success next term.

Agree with comments above. Disappointing so far.

Too lightweight, gets pushed off the ball
Too slow.
Too Westwood.

Hope it's bedding in issues as I've seen nothing to impress me yet.

Needs a full pre season, these games so far will hopefully be invaluable experience on a bad run, definitely needs to improve and show more, has shown glimpses of magic, pace and getting past players, He was always a player for next season, echoing Sillhillvilla can see why he was reluctant to start him.

Doesn’t help Barkley has been off the pace and hasn’t really had time to settle, I think I’d start Ramsey ahead of him now, perhaps even throw him in a few under 23 matches so he’s not completely sitting on the bench and doing nothing.

Hasn’t done much to show what he’s about yet.

To be fair to him the French league was ended early last season in the initial COVID wave and wasn’t restarted, that’s a long break to then get back up to speed. Looked like he was out for a month with a muscle injury before we signed him too.

Let’s see what he can do for us next season.

We've written off a few French players too quickly recently. I hope 'we' have learnted our lesson by now. Don't forget, we signed him early because of the reduced fee. We weren't looking to sign him until the summer.

I think, with a full close season under his belt, he'll show what he's all about next season. Actually, cutting his teeth this spring could be beneficial next season.

I think he’s got good technique, but seems to want a bit too long on the ball. Always had the same feeling about Veretout, and he’s gone on to prove his quality in a slower paced league. Hopefully we can get him up to speed over the summer.

I rated Veretout highly, he was a very good footballer who unfortunately was here at the wrong time. I think Sanson could be that sort player when he gets up to speed, my first impressions are that I like him technically and how he plays, but he needs to get used to the physicality of the league. He’s not quite in sync with the others yet, but I think he could be a good triangle link with Jack and Ollie in the near future.

We all know the French league is a lot slower than our league, and we all know French players struggle when they first come over. If he’s not performing in 6 months during games then I’ll be concerned.

Wenger reckoned it took foreign players 12 months to settle in to the pace of English football. We saw this season how much last season's signings improved after a year of PL experience. The lad needs time.