The Morgan Sanson Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Morgan Sanson Thread

My only worry is that he is being bought in to replace Luiz
Doesn't worry me at all. The speculation about Luiz will hang in the air until the buy-back expires, but if he is a replacement then it's good that he's coming in now with time to adapt. If not, then he'll add competition across the midfield which is never a bad thing. We all scratched our heads when Cash was brought in, but he's improved us in that position. Same can be said of bringing in Heaton two years ago and then Emi this year. On all counts these were astute bits of business that made us better.....

Welcome and good luck. Saying all the right things from the quotes I’ve read. I can’t pretend I know anything about him, will reserve judgment on his ability til I see him but I do trust our scouting and signings a lot more than in the past so he’s got to be good.

Looking at our central midfield, Luiz and McGinn are the nailed-on starters as it stands, but this signing sends a message that there's another quality player that will push them on, or replace them. We currently lack the type of box-to-box midfielder such as Taylor/Townsend that can influence the game at both ends. Hopefully Sanson will be that player....

I’ve not seen him play but he’s very welcome. Hope he settles in well and does a good job

I must say I'm impressed with his English, which will only get better with use but, it does mean DS and the coaches will be able to communicate with him immediately, without having to go through an interpreter, or waiting while he learns the language.
Apart from that he seems a happy chappy, I don't think the smile left his face during the entirety of his first interview. And of course his picking the WBA game as the one he's looking forward too doesn't hurt. (I'm old enough to have been brought up disliking the Baggies. The City were never a consideration.)

I must say I'm impressed with his English, which will only get better with use but, it does mean DS and the coaches will be able to communicate with him immediately, without having to go through an interpreter, or waiting while he learns the language.
Apart from that he seems a happy chappy, I don't think the smile left his face during the entirety of his first interview. And of course his picking the WBA game as the one he's looking forward too doesn't hurt. (I'm old enough to have been brought up disliking the Baggies. The City were never a consideration.)
Yes, I loved it when he said "West Brom, the derby." They edited out the bit where the interviewer asked about Birmingham City cause Morgan's response was "Who the F**k are they?" :grinning::grinning:

Only just seen this. The last I read his club had ridiculed our offer.
Did we bump it up or was that a smoke screen.
Know nothing about him, but one or two on here seem well informed, so welcome to the Villa mate.

Says he's been watching us since we first contacted him in December.
Seems to be fairly 2 footed gets stuck in and not afraid to have the ball.
Very suited to England

That link I sent 0:55 tackles Neymar before he could do his fancy shit with no fk's given and looking up ready to supply.

He just seems like a player who is happy to do the dirty work, own the middle of the park and set everyone else up in the build up play, I think we'll see him more involved setting the counters up and letting the boys at top do the hard stuff and basically be the unsung hero not racking up the assists/goals, But he can sure fire one in, he says he likes scoring, and he has played as CAM lately for Marseille, but seems we'd lose too much of his ability if we shoved him up front.

Really wouldn't surprise me if Deano uses him as a sub/giving players some rest with the heavy fixture, and then next season when Barkley isn't here I can see us reverting back to the 4,3,3, Basically we'll dominate any midfield that we come up against and Luiz might actually have more allowance to push forward like he's been doing in the last two matches.