The Jolley revolution | Page 17 | Vital Football

The Jolley revolution

What was Buckleys record at Lincoln,he did save us from relegation one season?

Don't forget he presided over the Imps 1st pen shoot out win in a FA Cup reply at Bury.

Then spoke in football cliches for a month: Put a shift in, their place, sick as a parrot, six pointer, score too early, Soggy Dave scored a million pound penalty et al.

Last edited:
Actually considering no away fans and the run they're on, that's a decent attendance. Although I suppose what else is there to do in Grimsby?
Think there was a special offer from the paper on for the game and 50plus shrimpers !

What was Buckleys record at Lincoln,he did save us from relegation one season?

He saved us from relegation in 2000-01 when he took over in Feb 2001. We were second from bottom but finshed 18th following a run of 6 wins and 5 draws in the last 16 games.

Lots of good games at hull over the years, grant browns winning goal in the fa cup, first team to win at the KC, probably loads more. Boothferry park what an away day that was ha ha!.
I have a feeling it was the 1st away league game I took Jules to. We went on the club supporters coaches. Held up on Anlaby Road some youth walked out his front door picked up a brick and hurled it in the direction of the coaches, turned round and calmly went back inside. Welcome to away days Jules.

He saved us from relegation in 2000-01 when he took over in Feb 2001. We were second from bottom but finshed 18th following a run of 6 wins and 5 draws in the last 16 games.
The chant was "Staying up playin' football, we're stayin' up playing fooooootball"

4720 average without the Lincoln gate, but we did go, so the average is over 5000. It was the game that convinced the Grimsby fans the Jolley revolution was in full swing and they were at least play off contenders.
You would think I would’ve added those four numbers up and divided them before spouting nonsense.

Apologies for my laziness, now going back into my box.

Lots of good games at hull over the years, grant browns winning goal in the fa cup, first team to win at the KC, probably loads more. Boothferry park what an away day that was ha ha!.
Was it Gary Bannister in the FA Cup or have I forgotten about another match. I know I got grief at work on the Monday from a colleague. That win smashed his 3k, 8 match acca.

Was it Gary Bannister in the FA Cup or have I forgotten about another match. I know I got grief at work on the Monday from a colleague. That win smashed his 3k, 8 match acca.
Thought it was grant, might be wrong, remember it was peeing down sat in the old stand with rain dripping through the roof.

Thought it was grant, might be wrong, remember it was peeing down sat in the old stand with rain dripping through the roof.
I know we won one nil the game I was at. It was a decent victory at the time. I think we were mid table bottom tier and they were around promotion spot third tier having just smashed Crewe for seven at Gresty Road that week IIRC. Either that or my memory is playing further tricks on me.

1994 pissed down the whole game, loads went from memory.
They were the division above and had indeed hammered 7-1 the home game before remember it being in the programme.
Couple of my mates went on the pitch when we scored.