The Jolley revolution | Page 16 | Vital Football

The Jolley revolution

Apparently they had a voucher offer on for cheap tickets and at least one of their fans is disappointed that the gate was low in combination with them having 3k ST holders that had bought into the Jolley Rev. Unless they turn the corner I would say that will be a reasonable gate for them to be getting.
Comparing to other gates in the league they're doing very well. Average over 5,000 in the figure I found.

Apparently they had a voucher offer on for cheap tickets and at least one of their fans is disappointed that the gate was low in combination with them having 3k ST holders that had bought into the Jolley Rev. Unless they turn the corner I would say that will be a reasonable gate for them to be getting.

I am sure GTFC is one of the clubs who declare tickets sales not attendees- the Morecambe last season was ridiculed on Fishy last season for the declared attendance against "actual".

So they should be, the bloke has been there 15 years and has done sod all.
Next fans forum should be fun?

As someone back up the thread, rightly pointed out he is a vampire sucking the life out of the club.

Given the debacle of their last fans forum, I'll be surprised if there will be one this season.

No need for an agent provocateur on the Fishy today, they are doing a fine job all on their own. Most of the bile (and there is plenty of it) is directed at one Mr. Fenty.

Somebody with better knowledge than me can probably tell me if there are others clamouring to buy Grimsby Town? Because if there isn't then "Fenty Out" isn't going to do much for them.

I know that over there they don't like this obsession with their current uselessness, but some perspective is needed.

I've said before that during my lifetime Grimsby have usually been at a higher station, but that's all changed. They like to pretend the Gimps (no obsession there, no sirree) are not their rivals, but I'm afraid that for the last 15 years we've been bumping along the same stony ground together.

This thread might appear excessive on the face of it but this forum is much livelier than the Fishcake. This bout of schadenfreude is still not as long as an average Imps matchday thread.

I'm ambivalent myself. I wish them well trying to reconcile themselves to the new order of football in the region. But you have to laugh that only last month they declared the revolution a success.

So take a bow for the new revolution, smile and grin at the change all around, and get on your knees and pray they don't get fooled again.

Wonder if they'llsack him soon reckon he's got one more game left, a draw at Carlisle will keep him in a job. It's no pleasure for me to see them struggling, they are a real club with some good history,. Is Chris moyes still about, he could be an option.

There are some good posts on The Fishy this morning, identifying the flawed logic behind Jolley's appointment, his obvious lack of experience and poor summer recruitment. Most of them have now realised how out of his depth he is as a manager, and it looks like Jolley himself has realised that. Can only have one outcome now.

There are some good posts on The Fishy this morning, identifying the flawed logic behind Jolley's appointment, his obvious lack of experience and poor summer recruitment. Most of them have now realised how out of his depth he is as a manager, and it looks like Jolley himself has realised that. Can only have one outcome now.
The way he came in and kept them up last season you can see why they thought that. In fairness the consensus on here was that they would either be the surprise package or it would go wrong very quickly. Personally I'm pleased they stayed up last season as it has added some entertainment.

A club stuck between a rock and a hard place on and off the field with a continual flow of management/coach’s/players and little chance of new investment
The Support base hasn’t drastically changed through the years however the next generation won’t recall the good years and are likely to search for other delights on a Saturday afternoon
Time is against them

My bet with two Grimsby fans at the start of the season that we would finish at LEAST 5 places above them is starting to look promising.

I think that 5 divisions between us is starting to look very promising in the very near future ?

The Grimsby fans will think that our current success won't last and their current plight will be over once Fenty moves on and they surge through the leagues back up to the Championship. Of course this isn't going to happen, look at National league North, mid table teams include York, Darlington and Stockport County. If I was a Cod I would be fearing this could be their fate in 2 years time.
In truth without the timely intervention of Clive Nates that could well have been our fate too.

The Grimsby fans will think that our current success won't last and their current plight will be over once Fenty moves on and they surge through the leagues back up to the Championship. Of course this isn't going to happen, look at National league North, mid table teams include York, Darlington and Stockport County. If I was a Cod I would be fearing this could be their fate in 2 years time.
In truth without the timely intervention of Clive Nates that could well have been our fate too.

I couldn't agree more.

Not me, I’m loving every single second of

We did play Fisher on the Good Friday, I went in a car with 2 others, and no we didn’t celebrate Bobby Cummings goal ..... far too risky, in fact the most intimidated I’ve ever felt at a game.

Oh dear. Another bad memory, Fisher away on that Good Friday. But for me the bad memory was illness. Had my first bout of appendicitis during the game, was in agony from mid first half to the end and then all the way back on the various trains it took.
A couple of mths later, appendicitis returned fully and I was rushed in for emergency op. Thankfully NHS saved me and still here to finally enjoy a glory time for the Imps.

Yes, Hovis music and no doubt they wear flared trousers, very wide collared floral shirts, have Magnum style mustaches and wear white trainers in honour of those glorious times years and years ago. Some might even have the fading newspaper cuttings tied onto their toilet walls. They may even sit on granddad knee as he wipes away a tear when telling them another Jackanory story about the mighty Blunder park.
Stuff 'am, they floated enough when we we're crap, it's our turn now.

And I thought u did actually mean to type FLOATED !!

They really aren't very bright (or literate), are they?

"Sir Alan will always have a better record than the Cowleys can only dream about."

Buckley's managerial record:
P1126 W425 D396 L305
Win percentage: 37.74
Promotions: 3 (one every 375 games)
EFL Trophies: 1

Cowley's managerial record:
P566 W305 D116 L145
Win percentage: 53.88
Promotions: 4 (one every 141 games)
EFL Trophies: 1

Yes, Cowley is clearly way behind.

Buckley's record at Grimsby alone:
P599 W230 D213 L156
Win percentage: 38.39

Cowley's record at Lincoln alone:
P131 W76 D29 L26
Win percentage: 58.01

Er...Cowley still trailing...
What was Buckleys record at Lincoln,he did save us from relegation one season?