The Jolley revolution | Page 19 | Vital Football

The Jolley revolution

Now now, everyone, I for one am glad the revolution is back on track.

As a revolutionary I see Jolley as a kind of Lenin for the modern football times.

It was Lenin who wrote One Step Forward Two Steps Back.

As a revolutionary I see Jolley as a kind of Lenin for the modern football times.

I think his song he wrote with his mate, 'Help' would be more appropriate ?

Got that book along with the previous one which could well help Jolley: "What Is To Be Done?"

I thought it was Paula Abdul (or Oliver Leiber for those who can be bothered to google it)? :whist:

Surely they have to give him one more transfer window? I think they will be safe due to Macclesfield and a.nother, but it isn’t looking good.

I really thought the Cods might do a bit better this season but when you look at their record since they came back in the League it's not great is it!

They have finsished 14th, 18th and now sit 21st they have only won 34 league games out of 109 since they came back in the League.

By comparison we have won 31 in 63 only 3 less having played 46 games fewer.

It does look pretty bleak for them at the moment doesn't it?

Its a great read the fishy at the moment,the revolution apparently is stalling.I actually felt abit sorry for them last night they are truly stuck in a downward spiral,with chairman, decaying ground,unproven manager,no strikers of note etc etc.
Dont worry Norfolk it didnt last long!?????

Its a great read the fishy at the moment,the revolution apparently is stalling.I actually felt abit sorry for them last night they are truly stuck in a downward spiral,with chairman, decaying ground,unproven manager,no strikers of note etc etc.
Dont worry Norfolk it didnt last long!?????

Always remember "Pride comes before a fall". You have a short memory my friend only 3 years ago we were languishing well behind our Fishy neighbours.

While it doesn't look good for our neighbours at the moment and we are on a high things can soon turn around. I don't think for one minute we will below them anytime soon but at some point in the future it will happen because that's football!

The biggest challenge while having success is being humble about it and that truly maketh the man!

Last edited:
Last season they had 23pts after 17 games this season 15pts,if the alarm bells aren't ringing now then they really are in for big trouble. Earlier in season it looked like Morecombe would join Macclesfield in being estranged from the pack but avoiding that 2nd relegation spot now looks like being a real scrap, and I can't see County staying down there either. I can't imagine Jolly was in a position to negotiate a good contract given his poor cv and baggage so surely a dead man walking. If they don't act soon, then January could mark our last Derby match v cods for some considerable time.

I agr
Always remember "Pride comes before a fall". You have a short memory my friend only 3 years ago we were languishing well behind our Fishy neighbours.

While it doesn't look good for our neighbours at the moment and we are on a high things can soon turn around. I don't think for one minute we will below them anytime soon but at some point in the future it will happen because that's football!

The biggest challenge while having success is being humble up about it and that truly maketh the man!
I agree to a certain extent,however if we can lord it over our so called "bigger club" rivals now when can we?
I shall enjoy there misfortunes for as long as they continue.

Reading a few of the threads on there they sound just like us pre Clive and the Cowleys arriving, totally and utter desperate.
We got very lucky in May 2016, Grimsby thought they had too as they returned to the league.
A run in the FA Cup has changed this club so much it's scary.
We could still be like Grimsby if the cup run and the knock effects hadn't of happened.