The Jolley revolution | Page 18 | Vital Football

The Jolley revolution

Whilst i wouldnt wish Fenty upon anyone, at the end of the day , the whole of "the fishy" seemed to back Fentys decision to appoint Jolly, indeed you only have to go back a few weeks and they were waxing lyrical about him(Jolly) as only the delusional fish could. It was a bad decision but nearly all to a man backed it.

Remember the 1 nil win in the cup at a Hull Bannister definitely got the winner and I remember a young Matt Carbon having a tremendous game, got a bit tasty afterwards as the natives were not happy bunnies!!!

Not a happy fishy at all. But hard to disagree with any of it.
Unfortunately Fenty doesn't care about protests, all he cares about is getting his money's worth out of the club. I'm amazed that so many of them expect him to cut his losses and walk - if that was ever an option I expect he would have taken it years ago.

Remember the 1 nil win in the cup at a Hull Bannister definitely got the winner and I remember a young Matt Carbon having a tremendous game, got a bit tasty afterwards as the natives were not happy bunnies!!!
Remember sneaking out just before they closed the gate to stop us leaving. 3 of us standing in that little car park by the supermarket and about 50 Hull fans appeared. I've never been so relieved to see a few boys in blue and their trusty steeds!

Must be miserable being a ballboy at Blunder Park.
Well, miserable for ANYONE having to spend an afternoon or evening in that hole

Surely they haven't said that , have they?
I spotted one of them saying that, I think it was tongue-in-cheek.

I think...

The sheer schizophrenic nature of that place really is something to behold. I would expect a few to flip from wanting him out to proclaiming him the messiah, but there's no end of them :rolleyes:

I spotted one of them saying that, I think it was tongue-in-cheek.

I think...

The sheer schizophrenic nature of that place really is something to behold. I would expect a few to flip from wanting him out to proclaiming him the messiah, but there's no end of them :rolleyes:
It's called clutching at straws for any glimmer of hope that things may improve. As Imps fan we have done plenty of this over the years - I seem to remember a post about the Tilson revolution back in the day.

It's called clutching at straws for any glimmer of hope that things may improve. As Imps fan we have done plenty of this over the years - I seem to remember a post about the Tilson revolution back in the day.
Of course, but I recall he gradually went from broadly popular to irredeemable and remained there, whereas my point is that support for Jolley is on and off like a Belisha beacon.

I'm astounded this thread is up to 13 pages now. Is it just me, or is there anyone else out there who is completely ambivalent to what another L2 club are doing... especially when we are flying at the top of the league and the other said club are frankly so far behind that they cannot be counted as rivals for promotion?

In truth, I also find the Cod-baiting slightly unfair. They're a decent club who sustained far better attendances than we did in the Conference; and so for that reason alone, I feel they deserve better than the mis-management clearly going on in their boardroom.

And as for the mocking of the 'Jolley Revolution', let's not forget all the false dawns we have had over the last 20-30 years... think Peter Jackson and his 'Lord of the Imps' and 'Magnificent Seven' crap from days gone by.

Personally, I'm just extremely thankful we have such competent and professional people in our boardroom and our dugout. And knowing how quickly things can change in football, I'll be spending my time savouring the wonderful days we are having, rather than dancing over Grimsby's grave over the coming months.

Just a personal view.

Sorry banter police ?‍♀️ ?