The Super John McGinn Thread | Page 55 | Vital Football

The Super John McGinn Thread

He was not offside. Not even level from replay. He played further back, like at Villa, but when Callum McGregor came on it enabled Scotland to send McGinn forward. Both he and Scotland then looked a lot better. I really don't think Villa need to be playing him so deep either. We all want our Super John McGinn back, please. Anyway fair score. Hopefully a win against Israel at the weekend. Not seen Watkins goal yet, but heard that was good too.

He was not offside. Not even level from replay. He played further back, like at Villa, but when Callum McGregor came on it enabled Scotland to send McGinn forward. Both he and Scotland then looked a lot better. I really don't think Villa need to be playing him so deep either. We all want our Super John McGinn back, please. Anyway fair score. Hopefully a win against Israel at the weekend. Not seen Watkins goal yet, but heard that was good too.

This is spot on. John was far more effective in the latter stages when played in a more advanced role.

Watching it live thought the flag had to go up. But when you see the replay side on, the Austrians were a fraction late in pushing out. A really good call from the linesman.

I was one of the people who strongly advocated moving McGinn into the defensive midfield role way back in our Championship days (I know 57 was/is a strong supporter of this too) but it simply hasn't worked.

I still think it's more to do with the fracture he incurred rather than not being a good fit for that position. He has not been the same player since that injury.