The Super John McGinn Thread | Page 53 | Vital Football

The Super John McGinn Thread

I love him again. Was a bit worried about his lack of fitness for so long which was rubbing off into his passing game, and I think that was exacerbated with him expecting his body to cover every blade of grass. But he is much more disciplined recently and can turn it on when we need to.

Without turning this into a different debate, I think he’s a player benefitting from someone working with his game & positioning and there’s a few players I’ve said that about. He’s a player who looks much more controlled just like the team.

if you can keep the same team, when you are playing well, you have a good chance of winning something, villa seem to be in that group now, shouldnt have worries with relegation, so should relish playing anyone in the division, i think the virus break did not help, but expect another good run now, seanie

Does he talk about the colour blindness he has developed in the last 2 months and how that accounts for him spending 90 mins passing to the opposition nowadays?

Can someone change this to The John McGinn thread as I think the super part is taking things a bit far

As much as I love the bloke for his character and application on the pitch McGinn is one of the next group of players who need upgrading if we are to progress. He’s a perfectly adequate premier league midfielder and would be a useful squad member but he doesn’t get in any of the teams currently around us. Doesn’t contribute goals at this level and gives away possession too often.

The lad’s done nothing wrong but our midfield never dictates a game and it’s a clear area in which we can improve.

Westwood levels of being undroppable despite being pants at the moment .

Trouble is there isn’t a busting lot of alternatives.