The January Transfer Thread | Page 71 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread

Graham Taylor on Steve Bull, first touch he miscontrols, second touch, he puts it in the net. Ollie is a pain in the arse for defenders but yes l would prefer a Centre Forward with the finishing of Kane, the heading of John Charles and the left foot of Maradona. Answers on a postcard to -----.

JP I don't know if you ever saw John Charles play but, I had that honour, the man was immense.
He scored 163 goals in 265 games, 97 goals in 161 games in the Italian league. He retired in 1974.
He was a great centre-forward but, he was equally as good as a centre-back.

We are certainly doing things right here now. I don't see anybody linked to us saying who the fuck are they anymore, most seem to be impressed a big club is interested in them. My God, how things have changed in such a short time.

JP I don't know if you ever saw John Charles play but, I had that honour, the man was immense.
He scored 163 goals in 265 games, 97 goals in 161 games in the Italian league. He retired in 1974.
He was a great centre-forward but, he was equally as good as a centre-back.
After he retired Big John opened a sports shop in the village I lived in. He was a really nice guy and he used to watch the youth team I played in because his nephew was in the team [mind you he was only 15 playing in the under 18]. He was always really encouraging to all of us.

We have hired all the Baggies academy staff haven't we?
Most of them but we are still missing players in the joint Heartlands where support is 50/50 between Villa and Baggies. We even lost Bellingham to the Bluenoses.
I think we are getting there but there is a way to go yet.

Apparently Celtic are after him too.

Copenhagen as well supposedly. The question for him is do you want to be a number 1 for a team in a lesser league or a number 2 with a team in the Premier league.

I'd understand either choice to be honest. Working with the worlds best goalkeeper must be something that would tempt him towards us you'd think.

I think it’s odd that sales aren’t amortized. It might change how clubs view things. Maybe not in every case but for someone like Jaden Philo I doubt we’d have bothered selling him for 5m if it was spread over 3 years.
Yes it makes absolutely no sense and causes the problem we are seeing now. I would be surprised if its not changed. I wonder what the UEFA rules are on it? Given that we are supposed to be adopting their system August.

I'm getting rather iritaded now by the number of players linked with us with no substance plus the on -going Luiz saga! I'm pretty sure there will be no major signings, we need to shift some deadwood but these will be just loans. I do not see any point in ESR when we have Ramsey. No I'm finding it hard to not look but then again wishing I had not bothered. Let's get our squad rested, sun tanned refreshed and go for it, to get a top 4/5 finish would be amazing !

I'm getting rather iritaded now by the number of players linked with us with no substance plus the on -going Luiz saga! I'm pretty sure there will be no major signings, we need to shift some deadwood but these will be just loans. I do not see any point in ESR when we have Ramsey. No I'm finding it hard to not look but then again wishing I had not bothered. Let's get our squad rested, sun tanned refreshed and go for it, to get a top 4/5 finish would be amazing !

Esr is just lazy journalism, we wanted him a while ago, when Dean was manager but, since then he's been mostly injured and Arsenal reportedly want £50 mill for him, talk about overpricing a player. If we were to sell Luiz we already have a tailor made replacement in Tielemans.

Any news of incoming? Flight delayed and stuck in transit all day. Phone's low on charge, need something to pick me up 🤣

The ESR link is bullshit but we could do with a player who plays similar to him. Buendia is the only player in the squad who has the same sort of similarities.