The January Transfer Thread | Page 73 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread

Kosta Nedeljkovic breaks his silence on 'very exciting' Aston Villa transfer​

Red Star Belgrade defender Kosta Nedeljkovic is excited by the 'very impressive' offer made to him by Aston Villa in this transfer window.

These kids are very much with next season and beyond in mind, I don't suppose we can afford to have highly-paid journeymen on the bench much longer.
The likes of Chambers Traore etc who have peaked and gone past their sell by when we can have eager young kids on low wages who will add legs from the bench.
That's my theory, but if Monchi sees them as starters we could be turning into a cheap version of Chelsea
He ticks the other box you've brought up a few times, home-grown, if Chambers goes we have to backfill that spot. Cash is someone we think can raise funds in the summer but again we'd have to backfill him too.

We could do with a Scott Carson in the squad, Tom Heaton is out of contract in the summer.

I really don’t want Heaton back. Wasn’t overly impressed by him first time round and he’s hardly played in the last 2 or 3 years. He turns 38 in a couple of month’s too so probably not far off retiring

Liverpool had Adrian on the bench yesterday, one of the worst keepers I’ve seen. It’s not easy to get good backup at all.

My Tom Heaton suggestion comes with the caveat that we'd also sign this Icelandic chap and he'd be simply be #3. There to make up the home grown stats, y'all are wild, I am not seriously suggesting he'd play :ROFLMAO:

A well placed source form football insider is saying this young Halesowen chappy will sign from Middlesbrough with a third bid sealing it - it’s a done deal then