The January Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 19 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Older Villans on here will remember this intro music and fantasy stories in the programme.

Modern-day transfer talk reminds me of Jackanory where you could find more truth in the fantasy stories than what these hacks pretend to know.

Quality player but he will be looking for huge wages. I'm sure he was rumoured to be on £300k per week at PSG - he was a free transfer so the money went to him instead
Yep, but why did Liverpool not offer him a new contract? And why would PSG let him go after half a season. Think I read he’s your archetypal “Dutch” footballer - talented arsehole 🤣

January is just around the corner and we look good all over the pitch. I guess a top notch left winger wouldn't go amiss. I can't think of any candidates for the job though.

I'm sure that Gerry will be keen to sign some of his own players and the club will have to put money on the table for him.

I'm sure that Gerry will be keen to sign some of his own players and the club will have to put money on the table for him.

Sure there will be money available for him to strengthen, though I don't think we can expect many arrivals or signings that would be considered a step up in Jan. Most likely more outgoings than incomings.

That being said, I reckon if a left back became available then we'd likely go for them, similarly I thought we might be in the market for another midfielder with Marvellous's injury, but the emergence of the youths maybe means we'll probably deprioritise that.

January is just around the corner and we look good all over the pitch. I guess a top notch left winger wouldn't go amiss. I can't think of any candidates for the job though.

I was just going to come on and say at least we won't be looking at any wingers now!:wagging:

I can see us looking at an attacking left-back because for all the will in the world Targett isn't comfortable with the ball to play the role SG wants.
Of course if Haaland is available for 65m so we should break the bank to get him, probably a straight swap for Watkins

Status
Not open for further replies.