The January Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 20 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a few reports that Gerrard thinks we are over loaded with attacking options, so I dont see any wide players coming in. LB is the obvious one for me - I dont think Targett is too bad, but he doesn't appear to fit Gerrards way of playing. He always looks fucked when he's made a run into the opposition box.

We need to either sort out the Hause contract situation or be looking to find two back-up centre backs. I can't see Tuanzebe being offered a full time contract, as he's definitely gone backwards as a player, since he's been back at united.
Definitely need a left back to push Targett and I'm torn between buying a right back to challenge Cash or, bringing Freddie back.

We need to either sort out the Hause contract situation or be looking to find two back-up centre backs. I can't see Tuanzebe being offered a full time contract, as he's definitely gone backwards as a player, since he's been back at united.
Definitely need a left back to push Targett and I'm torn between buying a right back to challenge Cash or, bringing Freddie back.
I think Kesler will be back next season , he's staring at Swindon so more than capable of pushing Cash next season in the mean time we have Ashley Young to cover either fullback

If these kids continue to show the promise that has emerged this season, I don’t think we’ll be doing much business in incoming players. Ideally I’d like another midfielder and left back but Ramsey and Chucky are making that possibility redundant. It’ll be interesting to see if Gerrard gives Philogene-Bidace and Iroegubum, (apologies to him for my spelling), a few taster appearances before January.
If AEG and Keinan can fix themselves up with decent moves then I can see them leaving with our thanks.
I wonder if Gerrard has been getting reports on Guilbert‘s progress.

We need to either sort out the Hause contract situation or be looking to find two back-up centre backs. I can't see Tuanzebe being offered a full time contract, as he's definitely gone backwards as a player, since he's been back at united..

Surely that's all for the summer? Hause and Axel will see us through till then, so no need to panic buy a cb in Jan.

I don't actually think we'll buy anyone in January. There's no desperate need to.

Gerrard has more than enough to be getting on with now till the summer when he can properly reflect and bring players in without the January price increase.

I'd imagine we will always be on the look out but January is generally an awful time to buy so we'll be in the market if and only if a player we actually want is available on a good deal, which is less likely to happen than in the summer.

I don't know about January being an awful time to buy. John Carew Carew He's Bigger Than Me Or You was signed in January as was Ash first time round.

Delighted to say I can't see any position that desperately needs a replacement. As Sir Dennis said - if Naka is out yes otherwise save our money and see how things pan out.

I think everyone apart from Martinez is replaceable and we should always be on the lookout with respect to improving the first team, it’s the only way we’re going to really push on.
I'm not disputing that Panglos, I just think we are safe now, there is no obvious weak link and I would rather SG had the remainder of the season to analyse the squad and come next summer make 2 top signings

Status
Not open for further replies.