The January Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 18 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former Aston Villa striker Kevin Phillips believes his old club should sell Dutch winger Anwar El Ghazi, 26, instead of Burkina Faso forward Bertrand Traore, 26, in January. (Football Insider)

It was FI who came up with the Traore nonsense in the first place. With Traore out of action I can't see SG coming to an opinion until he can see what he can do.

SG has used Anwar as a sub in his first two games and Anwar has looked good. Can't see SG ditching him at the moment.

Trezeguet being linked with a loan to Galatasaray on Birmingham Live, looks like they've taken the story from some Turkish outlet. I'd be surprised if anyone took a punt on him in January after being out of action for 12 months or so, although he is someone I could see being shipped out in the Summer

Trezeguet being linked with a loan to Galatasaray on Birmingham Live, looks like they've taken the story from some Turkish outlet. I'd be surprised if anyone took a punt on him in January after being out of action for 12 months or so, although he is someone I could see being shipped out in the Summer

He's been linked with them several times since he joined us so now we're approaching January I'm not surprised he's linked again. He's a big star there so one of the big Istanbul clubs will take him back at some point.

Hoping the lure of Gerrard will convince one or two players to join which are 'next level' in January, I don't know who that might be, but it would be great to see if his reputation can help.
Who's got 6 months left on their contract? Work backwards from there - don't see us doing a lot of business in Jan, remember the time we got Drunkwater and other notables. Not the clubs finest hour.

They’ve started on McGinn. Ragnarwotsit supposed to want him for M.U. for 50 mil.
Load of tripe!

The funny thing was the same "paper" ran a fantasy 11 made up of potential signings and didn't include McGinn in it. Instead they included an empty position and a question mark. They lose track of their own crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.