The Jacob Ramsey Thread | Page 52 | Vital Football

The Jacob Ramsey Thread

What is his fitness update?
Well. All a bit Dean Smith fit/not fit this tbh. We are told it wasn’t a reoccurrence but three games later ( 4 come Sunday as doesn’t sound he will be involved again) ….nothing .

Mmmmm. Me thinks he is fucked again tbh.

Somewhat deflating seeing the England squad announced and knowing Ramsey has pretty much zero chance at getting into it by the time of the Euros, a tournament that I thought he'd be a shoe in for if he'd carried on the way he'd ended last season.

Plenty of time in his career though and hopefully more chances at making it at international level.

I dare say he could as despite some thinking he's a bit flakey surprising stats intimate he makes a fair few tackles per game. It'll definitely be Ezri tho
Hope he tries Kesler-Hayden. Both Liverpool and MANU were forced to blood some of their kids due to injuries and what a surprise, they coped pretty well.

Hope he tries Kesler-Hayden. Both Liverpool and MANU were forced to blood some of their kids due to injuries and what a surprise, they coped pretty well.
That’s the problem, “trying” him. If he’d had minutes already, it’d be less of a risk. I’m sure he’s competent, but is he worth the risk at this crucial time of the season. We’ve no idea what goes on in Unai’s head, so he could be a surprise pick, but my gut tells me he’ll go tried and tested - Ezri Konsa.

You’re correct though, if we never play the kids, we’ll never know. Just have to trust Unai’s judgement I guess.

That’s the problem, “trying” him. If he’d had minutes already, it’d be less of a risk. I’m sure he’s competent, but is he worth the risk at this crucial time of the season. We’ve no idea what goes on in Unai’s head, so he could be a surprise pick, but my gut tells me he’ll go tried and tested - Ezri Konsa.

You’re correct though, if we never play the kids, we’ll never know. Just have to trust Unai’s judgement I guess.

He's almost certainly going to have to get some time in the next few weeks. Konsa will start most of these games.

This foot issue with JJ isn’t going away is it. Unai calls it a small issue but he’s been out for weeks again. Bit concerning but I guess they daren’t bring him back too quickly given the obvious issues he’s still got with it.