The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread | Page 32 | Vital Football

The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread

Looking at the current deals flying about we need to play hardball for once

if eze is 20m then cash is easily 15m

we need to replace him and I mean replace him with someone who gives what he does and is mr consistent

not darikwa

Looking at the current deals flying about we need to play hardball for once

if eze is 20m then cash is easily 15m

we need to replace him and I mean replace him with someone who gives what he does and is mr consistent

not darikwa

I'm not sure how we can replace one of the best RBs to play in this division over the last decade.

We just need to use the money and not spend it on a bunch of *****.

I'm not sure how we can replace one of the best RBs to play in this division over the last decade.

We just need to use the money and not spend it on a bunch of *****.
Well yeah that’s my point, but if he doesn’t want to go then I hope we don’t just cash in...no pun intended

I’d like to see marinakis say nope he’s staying and show some balls and a little ambition

even say to him look if we aren’t challenging by January then you can go

Adomah is a spent force and not worth anything like £1m even in today’s market. If the figures quoted aren’t totally wrong we should me making sure he goes and goes quickly. Doesn’t matter where...

Well yeah that’s my point, but if he doesn’t want to go then I hope we don’t just cash in...no pun intended

I’d like to see marinakis say nope he’s staying and show some balls and a little ambition

even say to him look if we aren’t challenging by January then you can go

How will we keep the club afloat if he stays?

I’d be incredibly disappointed in Forest if they sold both Cash AND Worrall. That stinks of a club that have no intention of going for it.

I’d be incredibly disappointed in Forest if they sold both Cash AND Worrall. That stinks of a club that have no intention of going for it.
It stinks of a club that can't afford to do fantasy economics like Derby, nor have the lawyers to get away with it but are determined to not be the next Wigan/Bolton.

We blew our chance this season. Square one is what you get for not taking your chances when they come along.

Yes agreed- but regarding Worrall the disappointment is getting rid of a Nottingham lad, not Losing his ability.
he’s good but not that good.

It stinks of a club that can't afford to do fantasy economics like Derby, nor have the lawyers to get away with it but are determined to not be the next Wigan/Bolton.

We blew our chance this season. Square one is what you get for not taking your chances when they come along.

Anyway, SL will be gone by Nov/ Dec, the stadium improvements will be off and we'll come somewhere near the relegation zone.

I'd give EM another season after that before he gets bored provided we stay up next season.

Changing our manager and squad every year is the reason we’ve never been up - what this club needs after a year of being close, is building on it. We’ve started that process by not sacking the manager, but if you then intend to down tools and sell the Crown Jewels that took you to where we were, then we’ll be in a never ending championship cycle of failure.

I recognize that selling players is sometimes essential for financial security, but equally, if you’re going to sell your best players every year, don’t expect to ever be competing.

Football economics means we have no power not to sell our players. FFP was always meant to concentrate power among a select few clubs, while the small fry like ourselves were forced to sell anything valuable no sooner than when it materialises.

Anyway, SL will be gone by Nov/ Dec, the stadium improvements will be off and we'll come somewhere near the relegation zone.

I'd give EM another season after that before he gets bored provided we stay up next season.
There will always be another buyer. Look east but don’t rule out the Americans. Or the Irish.

Changing our manager and squad every year is the reason we’ve never been up - what this club needs after a year of being close, is building on it. We’ve started that process by not sacking the manager, but if you then intend to down tools and sell the Crown Jewels that took you to where we were, then we’ll be in a never ending championship cycle of failure.

I recognize that selling players is sometimes essential for financial security, but equally, if you’re going to sell your best players every year, don’t expect to ever be competing.
If you get good fees that you then reinvest it isn’t such a problem. Look at Norwich, Sheffield Utd and Brentford.

The problem is we haven’t bought too well in recent years.

Cash, Worrall, Watson, Adomah, Semedo, Diakhaby, Bostock all goners. Thats some of the deadwood gone. Rumours that old man Grabban is also joining Guedioura in the Middle East. That leaves us with Brice, Jenkinson, Figuerido, Ribeiro, Lolley, Sow, Yates, Ameobi, Carvalho, Walker, Da Costa.

Great starting XI to fight relegation with and another year of FFP compliance. If Villa come in for Lolley, which I guess they will now, we could have a record breaking summer with sales topping £40m

Cracking

Cash, Worrall, Watson, Adomah, Semedo, Diakhaby, Bostock all goners. Thats some of the deadwood gone. Rumours that old man Grabban is also joining Guedioura in the Middle East. That leaves us with Brice, Jenkinson, Figuerido, Ribeiro, Lolley, Sow, Yates, Ameobi, Carvalho, Walker, Da Costa.

Great starting XI to fight relegation with and another year of FFP compliance. If Villa come in for Lolley, which I guess they will now, we could have a record breaking summer with sales topping £40m

Cracking
Pessimist. Why don’t you just WAIT AND SEE?

Cracking

If we were to have a full season with no fans, I suspect that we would need more than 40m in sales in order to keep the club afloat.

Last edited: