The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread | Page 293 | Vital Football

The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread

Reading were having that run where everything was coming off, can't see them top 2 great start but a few bad results they will roll down to mid table. Walker has hardly played, don't think we are missing him but shame he hasn't had a real chance there yet.

Cos he’s not good enough?

Yes we’re terrible at selling our youngsters for a huge profit

Oh no hang on it’s about all we’re good at

One slipped through it happens

Former forest keeper liam bossin who has been relegated in the Irish premier league

Going from Brussels to Nottingham was quite the change for Bossin, who had achieved international recognition with Ireland by that stage, albeit thanks to luck.
“I was U15 or U16 and I was called up by Belgium,” he says.
“There was a heavy snowfall. I was house-bound and so I couldn’t go; after that, they didn’t call me anymore.
“Once Ireland called me, it was a case of, ‘Why not?’”
The Irish links might have been a help when Martin O’Neill became his third manager at Forest, symptomatic of the constant managerial changes in England.
While it was an experience he enjoyed overall, there were quite a few frustrating moments in the East Midlands, not least involving O’Neill’s goalkeeping coach, former Ireland international Séamus McDonagh.
“It was the first time I was living on my own, so it was quite a big change,” he says.
“It was another country, I was a little bit on my own, I felt quite lonely. I had to learn French and Dutch at school, so my English isn’t the best,” Bossin says.
“Football-wise, it was great; it was nice to see something else. It’s another type of football and training and everything.
“The coach was Mark Warburton, who’s at QPR now. He liked my style of play, but he left after a few weeks. After that was Aitor Karanka. I wasn’t really around the first team then, but I was still playing all the games at U23.
“After that, Martin O’Neill came in and I thought that, maybe, I might make my debut, because I’m Irish, but the goalkeeping coach was Séamus McDonagh and I didn’t really get along with him,” Bossin says.
“One day, he can tell you that you’re the best and the next he’ll say that you’re not good enough. I was really lost.”
Ultimately, he would not feature for the Forest first team, even if the reason given didn’t seem to add up.
“I was doing well; I’m not going to lie,” he says.
“I thought I might get a spot on the bench, at least, but, one day, the academy manager rang me to say I was being released.
“Séamus had said I was too small to play Championship — I’m six-foot-two — but, at the time, Costel Pantilimon was the goalkeeper: he’s six-foot-eight and the other young goalkeepers were quite tall, too,” Bossin says.
Such knock-backs are never easy to take and in role as associated with confidence as goalkeeper, it can have a negative effect.
Bossin tried to bounce back, but he found his appetite for football coming into question.
“When I heard that first, I was really disappointed, so I took a bit of time off and went back home,” he says.
“I went on trial at Fylde, in England, and I was really doing well and they were happy with me, but one day I just lost it completely. I said: I didn’t want to play football anymore.
“That was the end of June last year. They wanted to sign me, but my head wasn’t right. I took a month off and then, after that, I had a trial with Swindon. I drove from Brussels to there and played a friendly the following day, against Bristol City.
“I saved two penalties, but I was told that they didn’t want me. I couldn’t understand, and still don’t, and that really seemed to say that it wasn’t for me,” Bossin says.
Back home in Belgium, he did wonder if that was it for his career, not knowing what the future held.
“I just went to the gym every day with my best friend and trained with a really small team twice a week,” he says.
“Then, in December, my agent texted me to say that Cork wanted me and I was like, ‘Let’s go.’
“I was a bit scared, I was thinking maybe I had lost my level, but after a few days, I was feeling good again. I want to show what I can do.”

Grosicki: “They tried to spin it so that in the absence of promotion from Nottingham to the Premier League, I’d go to Greece next year”

He also stated that he signed his paperwork at 4.55pm, so he wasn't to blame - but added that we'd tried very hard to sign him for 6 weeks.

If he'd have genuinely wanted to come, it would have been signed much earlier - whereas he'd spent hours working out whether the move would benefit him.

Deal between WBA & Forest was agreed the day before, so I'd definitely point the blame at Grosicki for leaving it so late.

I just hope we move on!

He also stated that he signed his paperwork at 4.55pm, so he wasn't to blame - but added that we'd tried very hard to sign him for 6 weeks.

If he'd have genuinely wanted to come, it would have been signed much earlier - whereas he'd spent hours working out whether the move would benefit him.

Deal between WBA & Forest was agreed the day before, so I'd definitely point the blame at Grosicki for leaving it so late.

I just hope we move on!
I can't blame him if they are trying to ship him off to Greece and he doesn't wanna go.

I can't blame him if they are trying to ship him off to Greece and he doesn't wanna go.

That's the fall back position.... i.e. if Forest fail to get promoted then Oly will come in for him.

It's obvious that Grosicki wants to play - so that he can continue to play for Poland, but he is on a big wage at WBA - they need to make wage cuts and thus the move should have been a no brainer.

The move to Oly was actually a get out clause for all, with Grosicki then getting a shot at Champions League football - but only IF Forest don't get promoted.

Grosicki is now trying to save face.