The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread | Page 292 | Vital Football

The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread

Typically, historically, whenever Forest have had any expectations on them, they have bombed completely.

That's why I expect this season to be a complete abject failure and we will serve up nothing but putrid dog shit all season.

Got a squad with a lot of experience and know how and amanager who knows this league inside out.
Have a bit of faith - top 6 is more than achievable

N coiincidence that Lincoln are top of league one, winning 7 games already. Can we get BJ back at xmas or is the loan locked in?

Are we as fans prepared to lose a few though whilst a new formation is bedded in and the players get used to it? Some will but the vast majority won't and will be calling for the managers head before Christmas.

The manager will be in fire fighting mode for a while yet working out who he wants to keep, who he wants to jettison and who he wants to bring in.

Deep down I think that we need to accept that we over achieved for the majority of last season and be prepared to write this season off so that in January CH can start to trim a bloated squad, and recruit the players he thinks he needs.

i cant imagine any rational fan would complain about winning half our games 3 1 and losing half our games 1-3. Thats probably a promotion :)

So how do we approach the failure to sign Grosicki?

I'm in two minds: I like the idea of Knockaert and Grosicki on the wings and feel Taylor might score a hatful with the service they'd provide.

But I want a transition from the side I watched last season, not a wholesale change. If Lolley gets over his shin splints and starts scoring again, we don't need Grosicki. And it also gives Mighten the chance of more minutes on the pitch.

Reading were having that run where everything was coming off, can't see them top 2 great start but a few bad results they will roll down to mid table. Walker has hardly played, don't think we are missing him but shame he hasn't had a real chance there yet.

Reading were having that run where everything was coming off, can't see them top 2 great start but a few bad results they will roll down to mid table. Walker has hardly played, don't think we are missing him but shame he hasn't had a real chance there yet.

Walker played a few games early on, sounds as though he may not have made an impression.