The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread | Page 290 | Vital Football

The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread

Was a cock up should have been sorted hours if not days before if it was the player messing it about then feck him off, we've got enough ability and cover wide would have been nice to have but we are ok there.

If the paperwork was submitted late as has been put forward, this was always going to be the outcome.

If the reports are correct that the player was the one delaying things, then I don't blame the club for the deal falling through due to late paperwork.

What I do blame them for though is wasting effort and money on a bound to lose appeal. Another example of poor decision making in the upper echelons.

. This year looks like it's going to be mid table at best with another big overhaul next summer. I'd be questioning my future if I was the owner after the year the club has had.

Its actually so bad we have 4 full backs..but may start with jenkinson there at the weekend .

. This year looks like it's going to be mid table at best with another big overhaul next summer. I'd be questioning my future if I was the owner after the year the club has had.

Its actually so bad we have 4 full backs..but may start with jenkinson there at the weekend .

Too early to say that, there is a long way to go - I am think the play-offs are well within our reach. I am seeing game-on-game improvement.

Can't see Jenkinson starting at LB on Saturday - but maybe at RB - not convinced by Christie so far.
I wouldn't be surprised in Bonk starts at LB @ Boro.

No loss - pleased that this has happened
Couldn't get into WBA's team last season.
Wouldn't come here until we agreed to give him a pay rise.
Gives Mighten an opportunity
Move on

Mighten isn't ready, so forest are losing out with Alex as back-up; should have gone on loan to Lincoln a la Brennan.

Puts more pressure on Lolley, Ameobi, Knockhart and Freeman to do the business; what with the pressing game Hughton wishes to play, and not subbing players within the games, its a lot to ask of four players to cover three positions.

Big loss is Grosicki. I personally don't care if he was looking for the best deal he could, nor if he had to be persuaded to sign.
He's still quality at Championship level and would have been a mega signing.

Oh well, be a nice bonus in January if NFFC get the deal over the line.

Too early to say that, there is a long way to go - I am think the play-offs are well within our reach. I am seeing game-on-game improvement.

Can't see Jenkinson starting at LB on Saturday - but maybe at RB - not convinced by Christie so far.
I wouldn't be surprised in Bonk starts at LB @ Boro.

Christie with the assist for the goal last night?

All though Christie put in a good cross (not brilliant) for the goal, I felt across the 90 mins he was inconsistent, gives away too many needless fouls and looses his man too frequently. Similar can be said of Ioannou. The reason he ended up giving a red card foul was his inability to control a simple pass. He too gives silly fouls and is inconsistent. YR deserves to play given his performances last season. Jenkinson played well last night and could come in at RB.

Would play Lolley/Ameobi on left with Knockaert on right. Freeman behind Taylor. Yates deserves continuing in midfield. Who is his partner. Colback, Cafu or Arter?

All though Christie put in a good cross (not brilliant) for the goal, I felt across the 90 mins he was inconsistent, gives away too many needless fouls and looses his man too frequently. Similar can be said of Ioannou. The reason he ended up giving a red card foul was his inability to control a simple pass. He too gives silly fouls and is inconsistent. YR deserves to play given his performances last season. Jenkinson played well last night and could come in at RB.

Would play Lolley/Ameobi on left with Knockaert on right. Freeman behind Taylor. Yates deserves continuing in midfield. Who is his partner. Colback, Cafu or Arter?

So it was a good cross? It lead to a goal, what more could he do?

Don't really see the logic of removing a player who had a positive impact on the game for one who is, at best, a back-up.
Knockhart not really covering in the same way Lolley does has affected Christie's defending somewhat, IMO.

Grosicki shouldn't really be the answer to our problem tho in a side already ontaining knocky, sameobi and lolleh.

Can they play to the same intensity for 15+ games until January? Will Mighten provide adequate back-up if any pick up injuries, lose form or knacker themselves?

Not so much of a problem going forward - can't defend though.
Boro under Warnock will expose that and Jenkinson is better in the air for when they lump the high balls in

Lack of cover has hampered him over the last game or so. Maybe Hughton regards Knockhart's attacking presence as enough to make up for his lack of support defensively?

I don't think Jenkinson had a bad game when he came on, but will provide zero attacking presence.

Can they play to the same intensity for 15+ games until January? Will Mighten provide adequate back-up if any pick up injuries, lose form or knacker themselves?

I can see CH changing it around depending on the opposition - maybe 3 at the back on occassions and using Wing backs to provide the width. I can see Christie playing better in that formation than in a back 4

The issue in January could be this. If we are still in the bottom half of the table, then will Knockaert want to sign on a perm by Jan 7th, or go back to Fulham and maybe get another loan elsewhere? Either way, Fulham are going down and have better resources to try again for a 3rd promotion next year.
Then will Grabban want out in Jan and seek that Qatari payday?
All conjecture I know, but there is the possibility of being in the bottom half come new year, and our 2 most potent forwards wanting out.

I can see CH changing it around depending on the opposition - maybe 3 at the back on occassions and using Wing backs to provide the width. I can see Christie playing better in that formation than in a back 4

He's used five players in all his games, and jenkinson only because of Ioannou's red card. Not once has he altered his back-line to three central defenders.

Arter was a big miss last night. Hopefully he's back for Middlesboro.