The government has made/is making a right bloody mess of all this. | Page 23 | Vital Football

The government has made/is making a right bloody mess of all this.

Not sure I can be arsed responding to someone who can't even "reply" correctly! :whist:

I know you called it wrong ..........I said so ............. and I can't for the life of me see how Starmer made Johnson come up with a (wrong) plan if Johnson didn't want to. I thought they taught lads to have a bit more about 'em at Eton !

Not sure of any contradiction ....... presumably, it's summat to do with never wanting to be wrong? Surprising though you may find it Hamps, I've acknowledged many a time when I've been wrong .......... thinking Johnson to be a lying arse won't be one of those times. As for Starmer, the jury's still out I suppose, but from everything I've seen so far (and ignoring where he was born, what his parents did for a living, and his previous occupation - where's the balance in that? ) I reckon that he'll be the next PM ....... unless of course, the Tories do another cheap shot trick when Johnson resigns ( as he will) and put in a replacement without an election.

One concession I'll give you .............. it'll be interesting to see how Starmer performs in the Commons - and especially at PMQs - when Johnson has his little band of cheerleaders and flag(paper) wavers behind him. That's when his delivery will be put to the test, rather than the kneecapping's he's been giving Johnson so far.

I still reckon he'll be up to it.
;)
If you mean he will be up to pedantic nit picking "gotcha" behaviour rather than working positively to help the nation in time of crisis I reckon you're right !
That you can't see what an individual who spent the past 3 years attempting to undermine and subvert the democratic wish of the country is all about beggars belief🙄
Do you really think red wall ex Labour voters are impressed by his approach ?

If you mean he will be up to pedantic nit picking "gotcha" behaviour rather than working positively to help the nation in time of crisis I reckon you're right !

Given the government (with it's 100 set+ majority) can literally do anything it wants, what positive work do you think he should be doing .............. and why do you think he's not already doing it?

That you can't see what an individual who spent the past 3 years attempting to undermine and subvert the democratic wish of the country is all about beggars belief🙄

Get on the Brexit thread if you want to discuss this......... as well as Johnson's lies of course.

Do you really think red wall ex Labour voters are impressed by his approach ?

Yes.......if they want to remove a Tory government ............. though the ones who voted Tory because of Brexit, no.

He's not doing it because he has no positve ideas of his own seemingly.
Otherwise surely he would bring them forward ?
The brexit approach point is more about the mark of the mon rather than brexit itself so will maintain here thanks.
If the former Labour red wall voters do not return to Labour they will never return to power ergo Sir Keers a busted flush already 😉

Johnson, for whatever reason, chose to ease with a plan that many (even MiW and Hampton) slated and raged over last sunday

"(Even MiW and Hampton)"
How very dare you !
The plan is and was wrong and was called out as such (it's called balance) as was the part played by yr man SKS 🐍🐍 - seems your default is to pile in on the govt whilst blinkered to other players
Then again you've just contradicted the earlier Mr Pot jibe 😉
:Fingers:[/QUOTE]

EDIT arghhh the tags are crap, bloody learn some html before thinking you can comment sensibly on current events

I know I've said this before (once or twice), but it's not really difficult to differentiate between a) an eagerness to ease lockdown, and b) an eagerness to ensure that when lockdown is able to be eased, we have a logical, workable plan to make sure we don't end up regressing.

Johnson, for whatever reason, chose to ease with a plan that many (even MiW and Hampton) slated and raged over last Sunday.

Blame others if you like Jock, but if you feel Johnson was bullied or mithered into easing too early, then what does that say about his leadership?

I blame them all...from BJ & KS thru to the media but I'm sure as eggs are eggs that you alongside KS, NS etc etc would be whinging like a good un if BJ hadn't said anything credible about a plan or even a plan for a plan....imo it was just a reason to have a moan at the government whatever way they pitched it....your disdain for BJ borders on Johnsonaphobia / stalker status & tends to lead most readers of your post ( well maybe only me!!) to think 'oh here we go again'

BJ may not be the leader you like, not the party you think should be in charge but imo I think most current parties/ leaders / individuals aren't any better nor would they do any better in a CONSTANT changing environment.....again it's only my opinion.

Last edited:
"(Even MiW and Hampton)"
How very dare you !
The plan is and was wrong and was called out as such (it's called balance) as was the part played by yr man SKS 🐍🐍 - seems your default is to pile in on the govt whilst blinkered to other players
Then again you've just contradicted the earlier Mr Pot jibe 😉
:Fingers:

EDIT arghhh the tags are crap, bloody learn some html before thinking you can comment sensibly on current events[/QUOTE]
In your opinion ......!
So you now need to be a geek to have an opinion ? 🤔
Sure you'll be asking the same of Moonay re the tags ? thought not 😘

I blame them all...from BJ & KS thru to the media but I'm sure as eggs are eggs that you alongside KS, NS etc etc would be whinging like a good un if BJ hadn't said anything credible about a plan or even a plan for a plan....imo it was just a reason to have a moan at the government whatever way they pitched it....your disdain for BJ borders on Johnsonaphobia / stalker status & tends to lead most readers of your post ( well maybe only me!!) to think 'oh here we go again'

BJ may not be the leader you like, not the party you think should be in charge but imo I think most current parties/ leaders / individuals aren't any better nor would they do any better in a CONSTANT changing environment.....again it's only my opinion.

Jock, yes, I/we would .............. but if you're going to pull a plan together (at the last minute, and tell the world about it before it's all sorted) then don't make it a half baked one.

The nature of democracy doesn't demand we all love and cherish the party in government .............. we're still allowed to whinge, moan and criticise.

I think I do it rather well. ;)

In your opinion ......!
So you now need to be a geek to have an opinion ? 🤔
Sure you'll be asking the same of Moonay re the tags ? thought not 😘

If I understood the point you were trying to make, I'd respond to it. "Tags?". What tags?

The html stuff is quite simple ............. There's an opening quote statement, and a closing one. Having two closing ones (cos you've only partially deleted summat, probably mistakenly) means that it all cocks up. Easy to rectify ........like I have with yours .....again.
:innocent:

Again ........ on a plate. I thought it deserved a comeback with a little more panache if I'm honest.

;)

Perhaps the reply could have gone a little like this then......"Never a truer word spoken on this forum providing you can hear what was said with the duly issued ppe mask on ones face and said at a safe 2mtr social distancing parameter whilst realising that do I really want to reply to such an obviously really poor attempt at :fish: ".......
Was that any better....looking at a possible 4/10 u not think!!!!

Sorry Jock ..... it's really only 2/10 from me. Your poor grasp of anatomy lets you down (why would a face-mask restrict hearing?), ........but then again, at least it's better than this idiot ........

mask.jpg

Room for improvement.

;)

Sorry Jock ..... it's really only 2/10 from me. Your poor grasp of anatomy lets you down (why would a face-mask restrict hearing?), ........but then again, at least it's better than this idiot ........

View attachment 39431

Room for improvement.

;)

What I ment was would you be able to hear the person who has the mask on speaking....would it be all mumbles thro the mask....sadly your poor grasp of what I was saying let's you down....thot u was the hindsight guru 😉 1.5 out of 10

What I ment was would you be able to hear the person who has the mask on speaking....would it be all mumbles thro the mask....sadly your poor grasp of what I was saying let's you down....thot u was the hindsight guru 😉 1.5 out of 10

Hindsight? ...................... as George Benson said, it's 20/20 (2020) vision.

;)