The Fulford/Villan57 Random Villa Stuff Thread | Page 83 | Vital Football

The Fulford/Villan57 Random Villa Stuff Thread

Anyone else charged by the club for postage for West Ham away when the tickets are being sent digitally? I was and contacted the club via their support page on X. Not because I was bothered about the £2 charged for the two tickets but if they’re doing that for 3000 tickets that’s a nice little 3k extra for them and thought they should be aware of it as there was obviously an error on the system. Sent them a polite message just pointing out what had happened. Got a reply, refunded me for postage which I hadn’t asked for so fair enough, but it was a very brief, almost curt message with no apology for the error in taking extra money or thanks for pointing it out which I thought was pretty poor tbh. They also said there was always a transaction fee of 50p for every away ticket. So 50p for postage and 50p transaction.Wasn’t aware of this. I’ve always just thought postage was £1 for each ticket. Lo and behold, just ordered my tickets for Man City and no transaction fee at all…so not sure why I was told it applied to all away tickets? All in all, not a great piece of customer service tbh. Felt like I was an inconvenience to them, simply for pointing out their error! Not a great way to treat loyal customers but perhaps just another sign of the times!
What are the Club planning to celebrate 150 years of Aston Villa?

Anyone else charged by the club for postage for West Ham away when the tickets are being sent digitally? I was and contacted the club via their support page on X. Not because I was bothered about the £2 charged for the two tickets but if they’re doing that for 3000 tickets that’s a nice little 3k extra for them and thought they should be aware of it as there was obviously an error on the system. Sent them a polite message just pointing out what had happened. Got a reply, refunded me for postage which I hadn’t asked for so fair enough, but it was a very brief, almost curt message with no apology for the error in taking extra money or thanks for pointing it out which I thought was pretty poor tbh. They also said there was always a transaction fee of 50p for every away ticket. So 50p for postage and 50p transaction.Wasn’t aware of this. I’ve always just thought postage was £1 for each ticket. Lo and behold, just ordered my tickets for Man City and no transaction fee at all…so not sure why I was told it applied to all away tickets? All in all, not a great piece of customer service tbh. Felt like I was an inconvenience to them, simply for pointing out their error! Not a great way to treat loyal customers but perhaps just another sign of the times!
Actually now you mention it. Yes. I think I'm always charged postage and the transaction fee. That's something else to raise at the next meeting.

It's getting a long list lol.

Actually now you mention it. Yes. I think I'm always charged postage and the transaction fee. That's something else to raise at the next meeting.

It's getting a long list lol.
Were you charged an extra pound for each of your West Ham tickets too? Be interesting to see how many were and given I highlighted it, whether they’ve reimbursed everyone! I read that the West Ham tickets were digital but when I was charged £62 for our two tickets I just assumed that particular block was paper tickets and was expecting them through the post as has been the case for most away games this season. Obviously not!

Were you charged an extra pound for each of your West Ham tickets too? Be interesting to see how many were and given I highlighted it, whether they’ve reimbursed everyone! I read that the West Ham tickets were digital but when I was charged £62 for our two tickets I just assumed that particular block was paper tickets and was expecting them through the post as has been the case for most away games this season. Obviously not!
I'll check.

Had a quick glance at Wikipedia and there are 2 seasons where we scored over 100 goals in the early 1930s, one of which is still the record for the English top division where we scored 128. There were a couple of seasons also around that time period we scored 90 plus and others throughout the years where we got into the high 80s.

All of this is just in the league though so it's possible that some of those might have nudged into triple figures with cups. I was not especially shocked to find out that our lowest scoring season was under Mcleish where we managed 27 goals in 38 games.

Had a quick glance at Wikipedia and there are 2 seasons where we scored over 100 goals in the early 1930s, one of which is still the record for the English top division where we scored 128. There were a couple of seasons also around that time period we scored 90 plus and others throughout the years where we got into the high 80s.

All of this is just in the league though so it's possible that some of those might have nudged into triple figures with cups. I was not especially shocked to find out that our lowest scoring season was under Mcleish where we managed 27 goals in 38 games.
The Pongo era in the 30's, I think we were second fiddle to Arsenal back then

Why don’t we publish our attendance figure anymore? It hasn’t appeared on the screen during the match for ages and I’ve looked for it in several papers.
What’s the secret?
It probably has something to do with the lower ground seats, we don't know if they sell out and I can't be bothered to scan the ground looking for empty seats any more. The old fella in front of me didn't show up this week that's all I noticed because he doesn't do night games.

It probably has something to do with the lower ground seats, we don't know if they sell out and I can't be bothered to scan the ground looking for empty seats any more. The old fella in front of me didn't show up this week that's all I noticed because he doesn't do night games.

From where I sit in the north stand you can see a section that is often completely empty to the side of the Holte by the Doug Ellis. I've heard that they are set aside for the non season ticket holder lower grounds. Which suggests that most people partaking of that are season ticket holders having it as a bolt on every now and then.

Lovely.

Unai Emery has posted a brilliant message on social media after meeting Aston Villa legend Gordon Cowans.

The 65-year-old was present at Villa Park on Saturday night to watch Emery's side beat Wolves 2-0. Moussa Diaby opened the scoring in the first half, before Ezri Konsa doubled Villa's advantage in the 65th minute.

Lovely.

Unai Emery has posted a brilliant message on social media after meeting Aston Villa legend Gordon Cowans.

The 65-year-old was present at Villa Park on Saturday night to watch Emery's side beat Wolves 2-0. Moussa Diaby opened the scoring in the first half, before Ezri Konsa doubled Villa's advantage in the 65th minute.

Thanks for the memories Sid. Horrible disease and let’s hope that the new breakthroughs in medicine can arrest his symptoms and allow him some quality of life:utv:. Hearts go out to his family and friends.