The Fulford/Villan57 Random Villa Stuff Thread | Page 82 | Vital Football

The Fulford/Villan57 Random Villa Stuff Thread

Legend .

My fav ever manager.

Both on and off the pitch, Ron is a great bloke and I know from personally speaking to him how much the Villa means to him.

At the time, Ellis was wrong to remove him and he should have let Ron and the team get over a poor run of form however egotistical Doug Ellis couldn't handle someone at the club who was more popular than him so he jumped at the chance to sack Big Ron.

Both on and off the pitch, Ron is a great bloke and I know from personally speaking to him how much the Villa means to him.

At the time, Ellis was wrong to remove him and he should have let Ron and the team get over a poor run of form however egotistical Doug Ellis couldn't handle someone at the club who was more popular than him so he jumped at the chance to sack Big Ron.

Sad imho, the way he was demonised for so long after saying what he did. Of course he was wrong but effectively ending his career . Nah.

Loved listening to this interview with Big Ron and the account of the rest of his spell at Villa Park to come by the sounds of it. Great to see him looking so well and still as sharp as he always was…bloody hell just checked his age and he’s 85 in a couple of weeks which is hard to believe!
That final…what a day! Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. A great 3 years, one of my favourite periods no doubt and probably the most gutted I’ve ever felt about losing a manager to the sack when Deadly wielded the axe after a poor run of results the following season. Always felt Doug didn’t need much of an excuse to get rid of a personality that was bigger and clearly more popular than he was!

Loved listening to this interview with Big Ron and the account of the rest of his spell at Villa Park to come by the sounds of it. Great to see him looking so well and still as sharp as he always was…bloody hell just checked his age and he’s 85 in a couple of weeks which is hard to believe!
That final…what a day! Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. A great 3 years, one of my favourite periods no doubt and probably the most gutted I’ve ever felt about losing a manager to the sack when Deadly wielded the axe after a poor run of results the following season. Always felt Doug didn’t need much of an excuse to get rid of a personality that was bigger and clearly more popular than he was!
30 bloody years ago :shake:

I was at Uni in Landan, watched it on telly with a bunch of United fans that were actually from Manchester - makes a change 😆

Managed to get tickets to the Leeds final and I have never felt so ill the following day after a full weekend celebrating :guiness::guiness::guiness::guiness:

I'll tell you one thing, we are going to have a hell of a time picking the player of the season.

Any one of 7 players could get it and fully deserve it.

Emi
Konsa
Pau
Doug
SJM
Bailey
Watkins
I'd only say that Pau, Doug and Ollie have been transformational. While Emi has made some crucial saves, he's not up there on the "clean sheets" list - not his fault maybe, but my reason for him not being picked.

I'd only say that Pau, Doug and Ollie have been transformational. While Emi has made some crucial saves, he's not up there on the "clean sheets" list - not his fault maybe, but my reason for him not being picked.
Dougie for me

Anyone else charged by the club for postage for West Ham away when the tickets are being sent digitally? I was and contacted the club via their support page on X. Not because I was bothered about the £2 charged for the two tickets but if they’re doing that for 3000 tickets that’s a nice little 3k extra for them and thought they should be aware of it as there was obviously an error on the system. Sent them a polite message just pointing out what had happened. Got a reply, refunded me for postage which I hadn’t asked for so fair enough, but it was a very brief, almost curt message with no apology for the error in taking extra money or thanks for pointing it out which I thought was pretty poor tbh. They also said there was always a transaction fee of 50p for every away ticket. So 50p for postage and 50p transaction.Wasn’t aware of this. I’ve always just thought postage was £1 for each ticket. Lo and behold, just ordered my tickets for Man City and no transaction fee at all…so not sure why I was told it applied to all away tickets? All in all, not a great piece of customer service tbh. Felt like I was an inconvenience to them, simply for pointing out their error! Not a great way to treat loyal customers but perhaps just another sign of the times!