The Fulford/Villan57 Random Villa Stuff Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Fulford/Villan57 Random Villa Stuff Thread

We'll if you read the story of how he and his wife were left to fend for themselves in a strange country it's hardly surprising he couldn't play. Really shocking treatment for a record signing. I don't think the players we sign now are treated like that thankfully

I believe during his first half season his wife was having some kind of complications with her pregnancy as well. All whilst they were stuck in some hotel in a new country. Not something I knew about till years later. Actually made me more angry retrospectively with all the pundits laughing about how useless he was on Soccer Saturday..

I believe during his first half season his wife was having some kind of complications with her pregnancy as well. All whilst they were stuck in some hotel in a new country. Not something I knew about till years later. Actually made me more angry retrospectively with all the pundits laughing about how useless he was on Soccer Saturday..
Spot on mate. I said to my brother at the time that you would think that a club the size and stature of Villa would own 2 or 3 houses that they could put overseas players in until they settle and then get a place of their own.

Spot on mate. I said to my brother at the time that you would think that a club the size and stature of Villa would own 2 or 3 houses that they could put overseas players in until they settle and then get a place of their own.

Which is what some of the top clubs do.

We'll if you read the story of how he and his wife were left to fend for themselves in a strange country it's hardly surprising he couldn't play. Really shocking treatment for a record signing. I don't think the players we sign now are treated like that thankfully

Nicklas Helenius joined us in that relegation season, he came with a highish profile as a talented youngster, and did very little whilst he was with us, he was a complete flop, but I read in the news that he had an addiction to sleeping pills! I don't think the club offered him much in the way of support.

Nicklas Helenius joined us in that relegation season, he came with a highish profile as a talented youngster, and did very little whilst he was with us, he was a complete flop, but I read in the news that he had an addiction to sleeping pills! I don't think the club offered him much in the way of support.

He developed some kind of mental problem where he became convinced he'd contracted some kind of terrible virus/disease as well if I remember correctly. Our response to this crisis he was having seemed to consist of bombing him out and signing Grant Holt who lambert described as the "real man" type character we needed.

Knickerless Helenius I believe

Has got to be one of the most unbelievable refereeing decisions that we weren't given a pen for the challenge or rather de-bagging.

Its actually shocking really. If that had happened to me I'd never stop thinking about it. Not long after a big move to England you charge past a top level CB and score. Confidence soars and you start getting more minutes.

Instead the defender literally pulls your pants down and you shank the ball as you're falling over. Not only is the defender not punished in any way despite it being one of the most obvious fouls in the history of football but you then become one of long running joke clips that show up on social media periodically. No wonder the poor sod went a bit mad.