The Frederic Guilbert Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Frederic Guilbert Thread

Yup 57, another interview taken wildly out of context given what Bacuna actually said when people don't fall for the cropped headline creating snippet.

Oh calm down you fannies !. Ooooooo...we do love to be outraged nowadays

He isn't having a go at us, the club..blah. blah ...

Out of context or lost in his French/English translation.

Bet you lot couldnt give an interview in french and it not be perfect.

Last edited:
What's the problem???? He said that Jack has the ability to go to a big club, and play in the Euros. Dead right.

As for Guilbert I think he did a great job against MC in the cup; Sterling hardly got a look in. Stroke of genius by DS playing both him and Elmo.

Yes he's basically saying what we all know. That Jack could easily play for a champions league level team and he should be off to the Euros in the summer. All true.

As for him apparently being the worst defender in Villa history as someone claimed. Bennett, Lescott, Richards, Crespo, Shorey, Warnock, Elphick, De Laet, Taylor, Clark. Some short memories around here. Freddy is alright. He'll get better as well.

Good God, there's some sense on here.

200.webp

Freddie's dad, uncles, mates etc. were in the row in front of me at Wembley - they were mad for it. One young kid was wearing a Guilbert shirt from Caen and it is obvious that Freddie had used his ticket allocation to the full. They were all very passionate about Villa and for the last 15 minutes, spent all of the time on their feet cheering us on. Freddie's dad was in the seat in front of me and he was surprised with my command of French when I shouted "asseyez vous" at him. He turned around, smiled at me, shook my hand and then carried on standing and cheering us on!!! Freddie is definitely one of us and I think given time will be a good team player.

So you agree he was talking about the end of his career and going back to an Ajax or PSV with CL joys rather than thinking he was worthy now?

PMSL

We need an Alan Carr emogie or however it's spelt lol

Night mate.

So you agree he was talking about the end of his career and going back to an Ajax or PSV with CL joys rather than thinking he was worthy now?

PMSL

We need an Alan Carr emogie or however it's spelt lol

Night mate.

I know what he meant but I admit the headline made me angry when I first read it at the time hence the laugh emote and as he always thought he was better than everyone else and that's why he got the Loser emote after my other comment.

There's a good bloody player there somewhere in Bacuna but his attitude is all wrong, has a self entitled air around him and that's probably what's held him back, I mean don't forget we bought him as a CM/CAM and converted him to a RB and he was doing relatively good there, only Villa eh :ROFLMAO:

Manager "we need a CM"
Villa "OK we'll buy him and convert him into a RB"

There's a good bloody player there somewhere in Bacuna but his attitude is all wrong, has a self entitled air around him and that's probably what's held him back, I mean don't forget we bought him as a CM/CAM and converted him to a RB and he was doing relatively good there, only Villa eh :ROFLMAO:
Spot on, we'd have signed Messi back then and made him waterboy!