The Frederic Guilbert Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Frederic Guilbert Thread

I’ve been so impressed with this guy in pre season. If god forbid we’d missed out on promotion by a narrow margin, would imagine a few of us on here would have been peed off once we realised what we’d done without.
Wouldn’t fancy being Mr Smith and having to pick an 11 or 16 from the available players.

Fred signed in January so he'd have been lining up for us even if we'd been in the championship. Probably alongside Hause, Chester and Taylor. God knows what the rest of the team would have looked like though.

Looked great going forward in pre season , but I did think then that I would shudder at him coming up against Sterling etc.

I thought the would’ve been useful to have brought off the bench on Saturday. Is he injured? Looked good in the 20 mins I saw of the Charlton game.

I'm back to assuming DS doesn't want too many changes too quickly, and Elmo knows Trez so it makes sense on that front.

I'm back to assuming DS doesn't want too many changes too quickly, and Elmo knows Trez so it makes sense on that front.
This makes perfect sense. Start the season with 11 New players and they lose a few, you are then in the realms of asking discarded players to pick up the pieces. This way they can be introduced when Dean sees they are ready.

I remember when people took the pee out of Sterling's finishing ability.

He’s still a different player for Citeh than he is for England. For me, he wasn't very good when he was picking the ball up deeper and facing two defenders, when England play lowly ranked nations and stick 10 men behind the ball he’s not necessarily the player we need. For City, he has improved that part of his game a lot and looks much more confident. I’m usually underwhelmed with him in an England shirt.

I don't watch enough of England to comment really unless I'm sat there watching the TV, but with Sterling I meant his club level. Developed brilliantly and also matured brilliantly for me, but yes, some players just aren't suited to international football.

Ah I see the ploy get a few losses under our belt and then hit them with the new players, fecking genius from Deano. That way the fans are already pissed off and don't take it out on the new boys, brilliant thinking

Ah I see the ploy get a few losses under our belt and then hit them with the new players, fecking genius from Deano. That way the fans are already pissed off and don't take it out on the new boys, brilliant thinking
It's also how you lose the dressing room 57, isolating and discarding players. :lol: See Lambert for details.

is still strange that he is not even making the bench. seems disciplinary in nature.

Hope he starts today.