The Frederic Guilbert Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Frederic Guilbert Thread

A little disappointed that Guilbert has been left out of the LC tie v Burton. I have this feeling that Dean Smith is trying to drive him out of the club. If correct, this would be bad form by Dean and suggest to me that his managerial style is based on favourites/friends, rather than picking players based on form.

If Cash comes straight in v Sheff Utd in place of the in form Guilbert, then this will confirm that Dean is treating Guilbert as an outcast.

As far as I could see the last games of the season, Guilbert was one of our better players - and should keep his place unless his form drops.

I guess we shall see soon enough.

A little disappointed that Guilbert has been left out of the LC tie v Burton. I have this feeling that Dean Smith is trying to drive him out of the club. If correct, this would be bad form by Dean and suggest to me that his managerial style is based on favourites/friends, rather than picking players based on form.

If Cash comes straight in v Sheff Utd in place of the in form Guilbert, then this will confirm that Dean is treating Guilbert as an outcast.

As far as I could see the last games of the season, Guilbert was one of our better players - and should keep his place unless his form drops.

I guess we shall see soon enough.

I think he's below Elmo and Konsa now never mind Cash , to wild and erratic for me> I doubt he's going anywhere though

I agree Villan57 - and for me this is a low point in Dean Smith's management. I hate to see players that have tried hard, rolled up sleeves and done well for the club.

I remember when many heads dropped when the chips were down and yet Guilbert, like Grealish etc kept going.

Think is we need competition for places and he provides it for Cash, unlike Talyor and Targett. Taylor is shocking

Translated -

"Even if it's difficult at the moment, I will fight to the end for this jersey.

No one will kill me, they will only make me stronger."

I for one am glad that no one will kill him. I'm not even sure that's allowed under premier League rules to be honest.

Seriously though, fair lay to him for wanting to fight.

With the Caraboa Cup games coming so thick and fast as least he's still playing every week at the moment and no doubt Cash will pick up some injuries and suspensions along the way so I'm sure he'll play his fair share if he keeps it up in training.

He'll have some way to go if Cash continues in the same vein as he did against Sheffield. Statistically he was our MOTM.

It's just what we want , competition for places and I am sure Freddie will be pushing Cash hard for his place which in turn will keep Matty right on his toes.

It's just what we want , competition for places and I am sure Freddie will be pushing Cash hard for his place which in turn will keep Matty right on his toes.
Wonder if he's ever played LB? I'm not convinced by Targett. Mind you, I'm not convinced by Cash either (as of yet). He's had one game, long way to go before we can make a judgment.

Wonder if he's ever played LB? I'm not convinced by Targett. Mind you, I'm not convinced by Cash either (as of yet). He's had one game, long way to go before we can make a judgment.

Sky interviewed Cash and he actually spoke about the possibility of playing left back. He's never played there but he thinks he would be able to do a job there.