The Formula 1 Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Formula 1 Thread

Pole position for Hamilton for tomorrow's British GP. Fastest even lap around Silverstone too.

Should be good tomorrow. Hope the weather holds.

What an end!

Botas is one of those drivers that will just never get any luck I think.

Mmm....

It was exciting for 2 laps at the end and (as ever) the first few laps when the grid is bunched together.

Too much Mercedes dominance for me now. It is to be admired in a way but its not great since the restart. No crowds and only midfield competition really.

The pandemic has screwed Red Bull and Ferrari who maybe would have closed the gap and also the proposed changes that were due to come in to level it out more are delayed. So next season should be more of the same. ..

Bottas signs for another year.

Lame. But predictable sewing up of the market by Mercedes .

Would love 2 competitive drivers at Mercedes. Bottas is solid number 2 but the sport needs Vettel at Mercedes with Lewis.

Looks like Russell will be at Mercedes in 2022 though. William's have dug their heels in and kept him to the end of his contract after Mercedes asked the question about next year .....

Superb drive from Verstappen and perfect strategy from Red Bull. Decent fight back by Hamilton to get P2 but Red Bull and Verstappen's day all round.

Breathes much-needed life into the season. Bring on Barcelona!

Wasn't keen on Red Bull anyway
Since watching the Netflix documentary- Drive to Survive...
I really dislike Verstappen.
I really really dislike Christian Horner . Horner is a massive arsehole.

Bit of a pedestrian race, Bottas just isn't quite the grade, not aggressive enough and seems happy to be second fiddle, hence they have extended his deal.