The Fitness/Nutrition Thread | Page 18 | Vital Football

The Fitness/Nutrition Thread

The before picture looks like a man moving in the direction of ill health.

The 'after' one... rocking it mate, rocking it indeed!
Bless you Fear.
Yeah unfortunately there were several mental and physical health issues going on which led to that image for a few years.
But i use it to motivate me more, push me harder.
Thats why this thread is so bloody good. Can see what others have gone through or going through and that inspires and motivates too.
Im not as low as you body fat % wise but its cool weve both got same target. That too is motivational.
Im same as you though, im not in a mad rush to get there but i am sure as hell going to work my back side off to achieve it.

Weighted pull ups. Ouch.

Yeah, I think that is the key and I think it comes with a bit of maturity, no rush, enjoy the journey and just know, hook or by crook, we'll get there, or at least give it our best trying!

Fuming for my martial arts mate today, they were so up for opening the DOJO on the 4th, now they find out you can eat unhealthy food, get drunk, but their fantastic business of transforming peoples lives is still not deemed as important.

Young (12) neighbour of mine was gutted today as well, he is a very good swimmer - aims are high, top young man, really is. But nope, pools also not opened, which seems even more ridiculous, as the water is obviously heavily chlorinated.

I am never going to disagree with anything Colavfc says again.
Just tell me a sad animal story. I will run off in tears.
Yeah strange. Whats the one things thats going to make us fitter and healthier and more prone to getting over virus's.
Whats the one things thats going to get the nation out of a depressive mood.
Very strange and actually frustrating and sad.
More home work outs and beastings in the park then, although to be fair i am really enjoying it. Didnt think i would without the gyms.
And exercise in my eyes is definately the key to unlock alot of unlockable locks.

Red hot out there, been out the last 3 mornings instead of cycling to work. Would be horrid around 3pm! GPS said 29 around midday 🥵

Yes, was going to do battle ropes and jump ropes today, but after a mad session yesterday and with the heat in mind, it might end up 'just' the stretching routine I think!

Speaking of Gyms, I joined pure gym when I retired, though I need something to replace the 9 hours at work , turned out you don't but that's another story.
That rob dog company only pay the managers and assistant managers a wage the rest of the staff only make any money if they get hired by someone as a personal trainer. The girl that showed us around and how to use the equipment told us , as she was leaving the next day anyway.
What's wrong with this country and using people

Ha, done it.

9.4% bodyfat.

Not been that low since my early 20's (and that wasn't for long because the brain aches kicked in by 22)

Chuffed to have broken through this, I am pretty sure I was stuck on 10% when I did the Men's Health thing, didn't quite dip under (was packing on the muscle back then)

Ha, done it.

9.4% bodyfat.

Not been that low since my early 20's (and that wasn't for long because the brain aches kicked in by 22)

Chuffed to have broken through this, I am pretty sure I was stuck on 10% when I did the Men's Health thing, didn't quite dip under (was packing on the muscle back then)

Fantastic. Well done. Massive massive respect.

5k done in just over 25 mins with a mile warm up and a mile warm down.

Might do a kettlebell set later depending on how angry I am after the Villa game lol.

Have you not got a punchball/punchbag? I think it would be more appropriate!

You don't know how apt that is for me and my set up. Whenever I get into a fury, they get it and I'm calm again!

Had to have a few days (3 so far) rest. It is intense what I'm doing, so fair enough if I get a few of these times, as long as they don't develop into longer periods. Will try later and see how I feel. Got a power day to complete, but some of it is explosive (like pull ups where you let go of the bar, push ups with hands off the ground...) I know my limits, even just age/joint wise, but certainly brain pressure wise so they won't be done. I did experiment the other day with the push ups, I can do them, but there really is no need/no point for me and my elbows did say quite quickly wtf you thinking. I can, however, explode boxing and so that will be a good alternative. Or I can just cycle the pull up, push up, step up, back to pull up, push up etc

You don't know how apt that is for me and my set up. Whenever I get into a fury, they get it and I'm calm again!

Had to have a few days (3 so far) rest. It is intense what I'm doing, so fair enough if I get a few of these times, as long as they don't develop into longer periods. Will try later and see how I feel. Got a power day to complete, but some of it is explosive (like pull ups where you let go of the bar, push ups with hands off the ground...) I know my limits, even just age/joint wise, but certainly brain pressure wise so they won't be done. I did experiment the other day with the push ups, I can do them, but there really is no need/no point for me and my elbows did say quite quickly wtf you thinking. I can, however, explode boxing and so that will be a good alternative. Or I can just cycle the pull up, push up, step up, back to pull up, push up etc
This is a good workout on the punchbag. And it hurts but will work wonders.
Stand in front of the punch bag. Obviously.
Then do a full squat.
Then 2 punches. Jab/cross.
Then do a full squat.
Then 4 punches. Jab/cross/jab/cross
Then do a full squat.
Then 6 punches. Jab,cross,jab,cross,jab cross..
Full squat etc etc etc.
Keep going until you get to 50 punches.

Its hard but a great way to end a session or burn off some anger.

Note: punches have to have venom. No weak punches. Strike hard!!!!!!!!

One I must re-visit is getting my bench by the bag, on the decline position, rise up - bang bang - back down, up - bang bang and so on!

Different week this week because of the hot weather.
Defo no running with pooch so been doing shorter , quicker runs of 5-6 miles on my own then coming home to collect her for a 2- 3 mile walk. Did that 3 times this week and was a lot cooler yesterday so 9 and 1/2 miler .

I didn't know whether to post this, or not. Don't want to bore you all!!

On Sunday I did a great 31 mile ride, but Monday I had dead legs. They had no life at all. If it had been my normal bike, I would have done nothing, but with the motor now, I thought just get out. I let the motor do more work than normal, but got the legs moving for 16 miles, and they felt great on Tuesday.

I just love how much control I have now. If I ant to climb a hill, I can have a go, but if it's too much just use the assistance.

These ebikes really are amazing.

They can't do much about 35 mph winds, though, so I did skip today. In my defence, I tried, but it wasn't pleasant.