The Fitness/Nutrition Thread | Page 17 | Vital Football

The Fitness/Nutrition Thread

Two 50 mile day’s this weekend, one Saturday afternoon on the single speed (Only one gear like a track bike for those who don’t know) which was made less enjoyable by the rain and subsequent cleaning after, then another hillier (With gears) 50 after the shit show on sky Sunday afternoon. Be riding to work all this week in this weather (20mi return), took the car last week, cant stand the rain 😂

Beasting day for me. Just finished a small morning workout.
200 press ups (not all in one set)
3 x 50 tricep dips
Small ab routine
3 x 50 jumping squats. That earned me a coffee.

Later will be a 10k run, sprints, weight session then back in the field until complete exhaustion. Thats todays plan. And after yesterday i cant bloody wait.

If its hurting its working!!!!!!!

I haven’t drank any booze in 16 weeks but I get through about 2/3 cups of coffee a day myself. Meant to be pretty good for exercise apparently, certainly feels like sticking a rocket up my arse when I stop for a break mid ride sometimes!

Did a press up ladder thing the other day. Started feet on the bench hands on floor for as many as I could - think it was 30 ish - then to the floor position, then onto knees up to 100 without a break. Worked quite well.
Brilliant. Try this ladder. Its a killer.

Start in press up position with arms straight...
10 press ups. Then hold up right for 10 seconds.
9 press ups. Hold for 9 seconds.
8 press ups. Hold for 8 seconds.
7 press ups. Hold for 7 seconds.
6 press ups. Hold for 6 seconds.

Now comes the pain.

5 press ups. Hold for 5 seconds 3 inches from floor.
4 press ups. Hold for 4 seconds at 3 inches.
3 press ups. Hold for 3 seconds at 3 inches.
2 press ups. Hold at 2 seconds.
10 press ups. Then hold at 3 inches until burn out.

It hurts.

Brilliant. Try this ladder. Its a killer.

Start in press up position with arms straight...
10 press ups. Then hold up right for 10 seconds.
9 press ups. Hold for 9 seconds.
8 press ups. Hold for 8 seconds.
7 press ups. Hold for 7 seconds.
6 press ups. Hold for 6 seconds.

Now comes the pain.

5 press ups. Hold for 5 seconds 3 inches from floor.
4 press ups. Hold for 4 seconds at 3 inches.
3 press ups. Hold for 3 seconds at 3 inches.
2 press ups. Hold at 2 seconds.
10 press ups. Then hold at 3 inches until burn out.

It hurts.

Go **** yourself.

Oh, ahem, sorry, I mean thanks mate, will try that!!!!!!!!!

Ha.

Will make a note of that one, following the Jeff one at the moment, not much room for adding more torture as his system is testing me nicely already! :thumbup:

As suspected, needed another day of rest today, was a brutal challenge on Saturday, having had a very heavy training week. Think just 1 days rest after all that, even if fit, isn't really enough. Certainly didn't feel it for me. I could have pushed, probably not done the same sort of intensity and/or weight and really not enjoyed the session.

Better to listen to my body, do a bit of research (watching more of Jeff's videos) and recuperated properly ready to get back on it tomorrow. As I said yesterday, there are deadlifts involved in my next day of training, and they can be very taxing on the system, so want to be up for it

As suspected, needed another day of rest today, was a brutal challenge on Saturday, having had a very heavy training week. Think just 1 days rest after all that, even if fit, isn't really enough. Certainly didn't feel it for me. I could have pushed, probably not done the same sort of intensity and/or weight and really not enjoyed the session.

Better to listen to my body, do a bit of research (watching more of Jeff's videos) and recuperated properly ready to get back on it tomorrow. As I said yesterday, there are deadlifts involved in my next day of training, and they can be very taxing on the system, so want to be up for it

I do find especially after a longer run the one days rest isn't enough anymore. Hurts me to say it but at 56 sometimes I do need a couple of days to recover.

What I'm loving is the programme I'm on has some great stretching and remedial stuff in between the three heavy listing days. Very clever and very necessary. As said, it is the smartest I have ever trained. And yes, doing the roller, (I am also doing the shockwave treatment for my many injuries and aches) for sure is a major help, I do mine after each workout and even more so, on the stretch/remedial days.

Did my beasting earlier. But only just finished beating myself up to post. 10k run. Fine. Sprints. Fine. 1 hour of weights. Fine.
So instead of going back into the park for a final push i thought id 'lead by example' and finish with press up ladder from above post.
I even thought, after that i will reverse it and do same thing for tricep dips.
No chance. Got down to 4 then wobbled to the carpet. And that is where i stayed for a good while.
You win some you lose some hey.

Just done 12 400 meters laps flat out with a minute break in between .

You could say I was a bit sweaty and very tired at the end of it.

The before picture looks like a man moving in the direction of ill health.

The 'after' one... rocking it mate, rocking it indeed!

Did abs this morning and doubted I'd be doing a session this afternoon, felt lethargic. But nope, did an epic afternoon workout, really pleased with the progress, especially the deadlifts and weighted pull ups!