The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 68 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine Margins .

Just before the goal the crowd were restless, SJ was warming up and if they were being honest the pundits were thinking the same as us and the crowd..... SJ needed to come on.

But then the goal came and the gloss on what was a bang average performance was there. There was nothing stats wise between the teams and at the time of our goal the Croatian's were the better side at that point .

But it is all about the win in tournament football and ..errrr...any football tbh.

However, we were not great at all and I have seen much better England sides lose playing better than we did today. Far far far from convinced that this team is tournament winning material.

Southgate has his favs, taking Henderson says it all. You can have the game of your life....but if your face doesn't fit, you won't get in.

Yeah but at the same time you're talking about a commanding leader who has captained a premier league, champions league and world club cup winning team. He is also far more dynamic than those two IMO.

Now I will say it will be an incredibly foolish decision should he not gain any fitness or minutes in the 2 or 3 games. You can't play unfit players no matter how good they are against European elite.

If Southgate didn't want Jack there, he'd not have taken him. I'm finding this ridiculous.

We won.

Getting upset when we lose, I get, I hate losing, but this is about England, the international team, not our player. Jack even said the others had come back from CL and Europa League finals, whilst he has been injured.

Somebody hit the nail firmly on the head earlier, jack will only get on if we are in the shit he'll get about 15 mins before we crash out

I think it was saod by a few on here. But i did post about Jack being used when chasing games. I said he was a 'maverick' and I think someone else said he wasnt a player who'll listen to tactics about keeping triangles going and ball retention.

Southgates too safe for a player like Jack.

Fine Margins .

Just before the goal the crowd were restless, SJ was warming up and if they were being honest the pundits were thinking the same as us and the crowd..... SJ needed to come on.

But then the goal came and the gloss on what was a bang average performance was there. There was nothing stats wise between the teams and at the time of our goal the Croatian's were the better side at that point .

But it is all about the win in tournament football and ..errrr...any football tbh.

However, we were not great at all and I have seen much better England sides lose playing better than we did today. Far far far from convinced that this team is tournament winning material.
Spot on, the goal changed the mood of the fans, the pundits, and peoples perception of the performance and all of a sudden Sterling had a great game, every player was impressive according to Jenas. when in fact it was typical England

The group stages are often dull and cagey affairs. Then perhaps, comes the time for more flair. If not, fine, we'll crash out, as per usual.

If Southgate didn't want Jack there, he'd not have taken him. I'm finding this ridiculous.

We won.

Getting upset when we lose, I get, I hate losing, but this is about England, the international team, not our player. Jack even said the others had come back from CL and Europa League finals, whilst he has been injured.
I’m not getting it either. Need to take the claret and blue specs off me thinks 🤣

People have just been reinforcing their pre match grievance. Too much for me so goodnight all.

Sterling was one of the stand out players in a rather average game. He made some good runs, he got into good positions, he skied a few shots (to be fair, our Saint does the same at times) but was in the right place and finished for the goal. All that whilst having not been in great form.

I don't think anyone sensible person is claiming any were world beaters today, as said, group games are often boring and cagey.

I’m not getting it either. Need to take the claret and blue specs off me thinks 🤣

People have just been reinforcing their pre match grievance. Too much for me so goodnight all.

I was talking to a Villa neighbour. We both agreed, it wasn't the set up we'd have gone with, if we win he'll have been proven right, if we lose then fine, he can get slated for being Mr Negative.

Seems the fair and right way to me!

Ref playing a blinder in the Netherlands Ukraine game. Taking no shit, allowing some proper meaty tackles, keeping the flow of the game. Love to see it.

good match too

As much as I was looking forward to slating Southgate, Sterling played well and his threat over the top into the channels was there. It’s not so binary, as Jack might have had a much success but Sterling delivered.

I didn’t get the left back decision. A right footed defender will always look inside, it doesn’t open up the game. The screen I watched the game on had an awful glare, but trippier did play some nice balls over the top. That said, he naturally turned inside far too often for my liking.

The Dutch playing how you'd expect the spectators would want a Euro game played. Nice free flowing attacking football making the game worth watching. Best performance of all the teams played so far I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.