The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 66 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointed to see Jack not getting any time on the pitch as we all are..but as when I watch the Villa, ultimately the win is the main thing for me. If the team wins a game and keeps a clean sheet, job done however it’s been achieved. Could never hope England lose whoever the boss picks tbh. Think the 3 points first game is so important in a group of 4 and the fact that’s our first ever win in the first game of the Euros says it all really. We really aren’t great in tournament football so to win the opening game is a step in the right direction and builds a bit of momentum at the very least.

Agreed, he was almost as anonymous as Kane. Did absolutely nothing good after the first 20 minutes.
Yep, when Philips is man of the match for his fouling it doesn't say much for the rest. That was a great win had it been against Germany or France. As they say a win is a win which normally means it was crap but we'll take it

Yep, when Philips is man of the match for his fouling it doesn't say much for the rest. That was a great win had it been against Germany or France. As they say a win is a win which normally means it was crap but we'll take it
The English fans love to get their violins out when they feel like they've been cheated but Philips is lauded for his multitude of tactical fouls. He should have been sent off with two bookings.

Great to win the first match and Jack will get his chance. The media and everyone else who wants to have a say has put incredible pressure on him not just to play well but to be the new Gazza or the suchlike. I can’t think of anything Southgate has done wrong, quite the contrary, and I hope we build on this, picking up momentum and win the bloody thing. Who wouldn’t? As for Kane, great player and Phillips, wish we’d picked him up when we went after him. It’s not about fouling it’s about having a physical presence in the middle. Now looking forward to supporting Scotland tomorrow - but only until they play us!

Great to see Goran Pandev get on the scoresheet. I first discovered him on Championship Manager 4 from 2002, the guy is absolutely ancient.

Suprised Pandev hasn’t been picked up as a potential by our european scouting network in the summer transfer thread.

Talksport after the game already saying that Maguire should come straight in for Mings once he's fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.