The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 70 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought we were ok today but not brilliant. Phillips to be fair was incredible, doing the dirty work but also trying to get forward too. Mings was also solid at the back and dealt with everything thrown at him. Sterling on the other hand although he is getting plaudits I thought he was wasteful and quite poor apart from the goal. That left footed shot in the box that went 10 yards over the bar summed it up. Foden too as I expected showed great technical touches but was mostly by-passed by the game. And Rashford was just an an absolute embarrassment when he came on. 25 minutes and just 5 touches and a pass accuracy of 25%, no tackles or interceptions- how did he get on over Grealish? No doubt the win will cement Southgates favourites’ places in the side.
Did you go then David?

Did you go then David?
No never had tickets for this one and then all of my other euro tickets have been rescinded anyway. A bit pissed off really because I am a (paying) member of the England supporters club but have lost out to make way for corporates

totally agree, ,felt sorry for jack , for me, he is the main man, and his name should be the first on the sheet seanie
Totally agree , selfishly I only care about his villa career but would love to see him running England games as he can. We made hard work of that today with jack on the pitch it's a different sport.

Phillips has a good game but I don’t see the press saying he needs to move to progress his career etc etc , every top six club wanting him etc etc If Jack had played another MoM performance the press would of already had the new club photo shoots set up , about time we had statements from Jack, agent, Villa, owners stating not for sale categorically. Interestingly Cahill played for an CL club and even in a winning team and couldn’t get the left back position… Jack stay with Villa and captain us to a great era !!!

Must be some kind of record but I think every England tournament cliche has been trotted out already by the fans and media since yesterday’s game.

I've got as wound up as anyone about Southgate's team selection, The two ex CB playing holding roles no left-back and Chilwell not even making the squad a player who has just won the Champions League. Then I actually spare a thought for Sancho a player valued at 100m last summer and 85m this summer can't even make the bench when 3 players who are not even fit make the bench, what must that lad be thinking?
This win won't change my mind on the FA puppet Southgate, I certainly won't be hailing a bloke who picked a side 55million English people wouldn't have picked. That really takes a special kind of manager to come up with that.

I'm pretty sure no England fan would have played Trippier at Left back and left Chilwell and Sancho out of the squad completely unless they are a special kind of bull shiner.

I also get yes we won so that justifies his selections brigade.
I'm in the camp of we won despite Southgate not because of him, I think there's a reason he's England manager and it's nothing to do with his skills as a football manager shall we say.

Very much looking forward to Scotland today, will be interesting to see how they get on.

Been reflecting on England yesterday and to put it simply, not the most memorable of games, very glad that we won, onto the next! (But with a left back at left back please)

As for Jack,

- with a Villa hat on: the less game time he has, the less knackered that shin of his is going to be - good for us.

- with a purely England hat on (admittedly, a little bit of a biased one, which I think is natural).... disappointed not to see what he could do. It’s an entertainment business after all. Perhaps we will se something in the next one.

I've got as wound up as anyone about Southgate's team selection, The two ex CB playing holding roles no left-back and Chilwell not even making the squad a player who has just won the Champions League. Then I actually spare a thought for Sancho a player valued at 100m last summer and 85m this summer can't even make the bench when 3 players who are not even fit make the bench, what must that lad be thinking?
This win won't change my mind on the FA puppet Southgate, I certainly won't be hailing a bloke who picked a side 55million English people wouldn't have picked. That really takes a special kind of manager to come up with that.

I'm pretty sure no England fan would have played Trippier at Left back and left Chilwell and Sancho out of the squad completely unless they are a special kind of bull shiner.

I'm in the camp of we won despite Southgate not because of him, I think there's a reason he's England manager and it's nothing to do with his skills as a football manager shall we say.

I still can't get over there being two keepers on the bench.

We obviously needed an extra keeper and an injured Henderson over a guy who just won the champions league and another who got double figures in goals and assists in the bundesliga.

I don't think Pope is even fit, is he? Henderson isn't or Maguire but he left out Chilwell Sancho Maguire.
I'm not up to speed with Sancho but at 85m I'd assume he must be up there with England's finest?.

As for Jack, my only concern is if he doesn't get games he'll be looking to move to clubs where they get games just for being on the books like Man City.
He really wants to play for England and is very proud, unlike some who are conveniently injured in warm-up games but always make the tournaments

Reports say that Sancho was out due to Uefa restriction, whatever that was. Not Southgate's choice, but could have been communicated earlier if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.