The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 69 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Southgate didn't want Jack there, he'd not have taken him. I'm finding this ridiculous.

We won.

Getting upset when we lose, I get, I hate losing, but this is about England, the international team, not our player. Jack even said the others had come back from CL and Europa League finals, whilst he has been injured.

I'm more upset by how bad we were against a very poor team.

I thought Kane looked like he was running through molasses. I was getting the feeling that we just punting it forward over into the channels. It worked out okay for this game, but against better teams we will be punished. This is where Jack comes into his own, being able to show for the ball, retain the ball and beat the man, create. Southgate has missed a trick. Portugal play Southgate's way but they have Ronaldo.

Watching the Netherlands vs Ukraine. Ukraine look doomed already. Dutch lively but Memphis Depay clearly thinks he's better than he actually is.

Commentators - 20 minutes ago - we haven't seen a proper comeback yet, I don't think we will tonight.

Erm - 2-2.

Thought we were ok today but not brilliant. Phillips to be fair was incredible, doing the dirty work but also trying to get forward too. Mings was also solid at the back and dealt with everything thrown at him. Sterling on the other hand although he is getting plaudits I thought he was wasteful and quite poor apart from the goal. That left footed shot in the box that went 10 yards over the bar summed it up. Foden too as I expected showed great technical touches but was mostly by-passed by the game. And Rashford was just an an absolute embarrassment when he came on. 25 minutes and just 5 touches and a pass accuracy of 25%, no tackles or interceptions- how did he get on over Grealish? No doubt the win will cement Southgates favourites’ places in the side.

Just reading on Yahoo, a fan fell from one of the stands at Wembley and was taken to hospital with serious injuries. Happened round about kick off time.

Status
Not open for further replies.