The Emi Martinez Thread | Page 21 | Vital Football

The Emi Martinez Thread

If Doug had been a regular for Brazil it would be a harder choice but as is I'll be supporting the Argies which is not something I thought I would ever say.

Emi has been the hero of their run to the final and it would be great that Messi only wins an international trophy when he has a Villa man in the squad. Doug can be the first Villa player to win an Olympic gold.

It's win win for me, but yes, I've gone Emi after the season he had plus it's his spot to lose. With Dougie still at introduction stage to their side, he can afford to be a bit patient in my book lol

I’ll be backing Emi. It will be a surprise if Dougie gets on the pitch tonight, maybe a few minutes if Brazil are trying to close the game out but unlikely to be anymore than that.
Could also finally be the chance for Messi to shut his critcs up and win something with Argentina.

All helps raise the profile further doesn't it.

Yep. Last World Cup we had Elmo and Jedi crashing out in the group stages for 2 of the worst sides in the tournament. Though Jedi scored the first tournament goals from a Villa player since Ray Houghton.

Yup, different kettle of fish now isn't it - with no disrespect to either Elmo or Jedi who both played well from my memory. But in many ways they were already known quantities - this month is more about unknown quantities and players others wouldn't have necessarily heard of so the 'club' mention is more needed to show who they are.

Anyone watching?

200w.gif

The goal has definitely made it more of a spectacle, Argentina look better, still niggly, wouldn't be surprised to see a red card before the end

Brazil are surprisingly disappointing and I'd definitely give it to the Argies so far.

Guaranteed to be one red I think, some of this play acting is Oscar worthy. I know it's somewhat end to end, but this is why I don't get foreign football. I'm bored lol

Yeah, it's a bit meh, I probably would prefer to watch Stoke vs Bolton to be honest lol

I'm just hoping Emi gets his hands on the trophy, and I think it would be nice for Messi too since he has none for Argentina