The Emi Martinez Thread | Page 23 | Vital Football

The Emi Martinez Thread

Same JW, I didn’t get why we needed Emi - and I’ve credited before those who said we did as they were spot on.

The only ask of Villa fans, is we’ll need a better chant for him than “Ohhh Emi Martinez…”

He needs a song, not a basic chant.

Yes. #metoo .
Didn’t see it as necessary. Thought it was the last position we need to sort last summer. Turns out he signing of the season and will be for many a season.

And this is just typical isn’t it. Just seen the SSN piece on the game. They mentioned a goalkeeper in the report. But oh no , not the the winning goal keeper who plays for a premier league club. Nah , don’t be silly , pictures of and special mention of ‘Liverpool keeper Alisson who consoled a tearful Neymar’.

Just fcuk off.

Alisson didn’t even get on the pitch all tournament. Ederson has been their number one throughout

Yes. #metoo .
Didn’t see it as necessary. Thought it was the last position we need to sort last summer. Turns out he signing of the season and will be for many a season.

And this is just typical isn’t it. Just seen the SSN piece on the game. They mentioned a goalkeeper in the report. But oh no , not the the winning goal keeper who plays for a premier league club. Nah , don’t be silly , pictures of and special mention of ‘Liverpool keeper Alisson who consoled a tearful Neymar’.

Just fcuk off.
Less attention the better I say. Otherwise they will be whipping up endless non stories of him being a target for one of their beloved 'big 4' or 6 or whatever the hell it is these days.

At the end of last season I was one of those who thought we didn't need to sign another goalkeeper. That was until I saw we were signing Emi Martinez. From the brief appearances I had seen him play it was obvious what a great keeper he was.

Wait for the Martinez to MC/Mu/Spurs/Palace/Leeds rumours.

Let it happen, His son’s in the Villa academy, Buendia is now here, perhaps even young Alvarez is on his way, I firmly believe he is settled, grateful Villa believed in him, got him into the Argentina squad and won his first International tournament, something only now Messi has accomplished, and wouldn’t of done so without Martinez.

Having clubs who are in the Champions League talking about your players is all good for me, means they’re doing something right.

I’d be more concerned if it was one standout player, but when you’ve got basically 7-8 of your first team players being linked away you know you’re on the verge of creating something special.

At the end of last season I was one of those who thought we didn't need to sign another goalkeeper. That was until I saw we were signing Emi Martinez. From the brief appearances I had seen him play it was obvious what a great keeper he was.
Well we need another keeper now to keep him on his toes but I'm guessing it will be an old has been for a couple of seasons now Heaton has gone

I remember when he joined us his wife made some comments about how grateful she was to the Villa and said how chuffed she was for him. And as all married men know if the wifes happy then so are we.

Lovely way for Emi to top his season off, especially with the clean sheet/

Shame Dougie didn't get on, but I imagine he'll feature far more at the Olympics if we let him go.