The Douglas Luiz Thread | Page 65 | Vital Football

The Douglas Luiz Thread

Not being a prick here mate but spot their wall.

View attachment 55729

Emi had the left, the risk was a dink to the right (his perspective) it was the deflection that buggers the obvious aim point as he had it covered.

It was a shit freekick that had 500% luck,

Sorry I'm still on the Dougie thread for this. But that photo was took as it was struck and the Newcastle players have parted. In most of the build up they had a wall two player wide in that area. Emi originally thought that was fine with none of our defenders behind it. Then picked out smallest player to kneel down behind one of them.

Not being a prick either but I've never seen anything like it.
I'll agree to disagree mate.

Just to clarify , are we blaming Luiz for the goal , being as this is the Douglas Luiz thread ?

Its what every thread becomes after we lose.
"The everything and everyone to do with Villa is shit, embarrassing and pathetic thread"

Its what every thread becomes after we lose.
"The everything and everyone to do with Villa is shit, embarrassing and pathetic thread"

To be fair mate it's a team game. If someone on Fred's thread say "Fred only did that because Joe was crap" someone is going to say "Well Joe was given a bad ball by Pete".

And they were all sh1t.
:jangel:

I will level this at Luiz - he needs to let someone else take free-kicks when we're in shooting range. With Coutinho and Digne (and Young when he's playing) having a proven track record with dead-balls, he shouldn't be the only option.

Cash and Dougie over hit it by 50% nearly every time. How can professional players do that....And Dougie does it with a dead ball ffs!

I will level this at Luiz - he needs to let someone else take free-kicks when we're in shooting range. With Coutinho and Digne (and Young when he's playing) having a proven track record with dead-balls, he shouldn't be the only option.

This is something I don't get either. I think in terms of attacking set pieces we've been better this season than we've been for many years so I reckon Mcphee has been a positive influence overall but this particular thing puzzles me.

I was listening to 5Live on the way in and they were talking about knowing when the right time to sell is. Other clubs will be interested in our Dougie for big money, and no-one is invaluable. When a players thread appears regularly at the top of this forum with marmite views, it starts to tell you something.

He isn’t what we need for this system, but can he play further forward? I feel like he wants to be a deep lying play maker and apart from a few cameos, I haven’t really seen him play further forward. Who do you sacrifice for him to play further forward?

Last edited:
He isn’t what we need for this system, but can he play further forward? I feel like he wants to be a deep lying play maker and apart from a few cameos, I haven’t really seen him play further forward. Who do you sacrifice for him to play further forward?

I think it's probably McGinn who is sacrificed at the moment, if we want to play him further forward, but then are you better off sticking with McGinn if one has to be more advanced?

This being said, if I'm being ruthless, I think both McGinn and Luiz maybe need to be moved on in the next few months.

I think it's probably McGinn who is sacrificed at the moment, if we want to play him further forward, but then are you better off sticking with McGinn if one has to be more advanced?

This being said, if I'm being ruthless, I think both McGinn and Luiz maybe need to be moved on in the next few months.

TBH McGinn is not a player for the footballing purist. He’s a grafter. You’d make a fantastic highlight reel but there’s a reason we haven’t got a single concrete bid for him from a team above us. I’d try and sell United a dud if Fergie really thinks he still the dogs bollocks.

I think the only way Luis fulfills his potential is by leaving us, he isn’t going to be a good player if he stays here. I don’t think he’s good enough to justify staying here in the short term and so he’ll spend a lot of time on the bench when really he needs to play. Our best bet would be selling with a buy-back clause like City had.

Seems lately to be more interested in taking selfies with his big arsed bint than he does in playing football. Love seems to have taken him over.
Unprofessional mate I was told, effectively an office romance , ive never rated him as a player, he's had lots of leeway as he's Brazilian. But in reality he's a downgrade on Daniel Johnson (scored again today) .

Man has girlfriend. What a disgrace.

But do you see the others that have girlfriends flooding social media with selfies like him. He looks obsessed and you have to wonder if he's overdoing it at the expense of his football.

He's not playing well at the moment but who is?

1 shot on target and it was more of a pass to Foster than a shot. Doug is not the problem here.

That said, he doesn't want to sign a new contract so he'll be sold in the summer. We have enough midfielders. We should be moving on from him.

But do you see the others that have girlfriends flooding social media with selfies like him. He looks obsessed and you have to wonder if he's overdoing it at the expense of his football.

I’ll help you out here matey, you’re trying to say something appears to be distracting him and his concentration, where his form and progression has suffered potentially due to off the field activities.

:thumbup: