The Douglas Luiz Thread | Page 61 | Vital Football

The Douglas Luiz Thread

Our best outfield player other than Cash this season. Quiet, assured in defence and some lovely link up play going forward. Lovely footballer.

We did it with Gueye, we did it with Veretout. Now some want to do it with Luiz. Incredible.
And he is at a better stage currently than where they were when with us . He hasn’t flattered to deceive at all. He has been up and down like any young player. More up’s though, hence he keeps getting picked for the Brazil squad. Just more being backed into a corner from those that decided 2 seasons ago that he was no good and are too stubborn to admit they are plainly wrong.

I agree, I'd like us to keep him and offer him a good contract. But for one reason or another my sense is that he will look to move on with like 18 months to go on his contract.
I hope not. It'd be interesting to see how he could progress under Gerrard.

Players we 100 percent need to keep to show we are ambitious. In this order..

Emi1
Luiz

The rest I might not agree to sell but see a case to move on at the right price more than the above two.

I agree, I'd like us to keep him and offer him a good contract. But for one reason or another my sense is that he will look to move on with like 18 months to go on his contract.
I think you are right Brazilians don't really settle in England, as a rule, they seem to fit the Latin culture and weather, we do better with the Scandinavians they are a bit harder

If we can get anything above £20m it will be incredible business.
Sadly his stats aren't good and we won't get that sort of fee.

Players we 100 percent need to keep to show we are ambitious. In this order..

Emi1
Luiz

The rest I might not agree to sell but see a case to move on at the right price more than the above two.
TBH Martinez is in a league of his own in this respect. One of the best in the world in his position, the one player we currently have who is practically irreplaceable.

Change is inevitable and if he goes, we want to be properly compensated. No-one is bigger than the club, we just have to make sure that we aren’t paying off contracts or letting players run them down.

To keep ambitious players, we must offer CL football. We’ve rebuilt the club from the bottom up in the last 3 years and there is still a long way to go - we mustn’t forget the decades of mismanagement that went on before and therefore be over ambitious with our expectations.

I’m still optimistic and believe we’re on the right track.

We're under a new coach. Don't think we can predict how individual players will pan out under SG. Doug might blossom into a world class player, or he might plateau where he is now. He might go, he might stay. Patience.

Play him further forward with Nakamba tidying up behind. My only reservation there would be limiting Ramsey's game time.Although Gerrard seems to rate our Jacob. It would be nice to have a choice of players for that position.
I still think we need another midfielder.

Time to cash in. He's had plenty of opportunities and flatters to deceive.
Also shagging one of the ladies team I find highly unprofessional. Bit like an office romance they tend to end badly.

Five years in the country and still can't speak English?

Maybe that means nothing but I'm not a fan anyway - I'll try and keep an eye on his game more if/when he continues to get game time but I much prefer Nakamba as an out and out DM with SJM & Buendia further forward.

Five years in the country and still can't speak English?

Maybe that means nothing but I'm not a fan anyway - I'll try and keep an eye on his game more if/when he continues to get game time but I much prefer Nakamba as an out and out DM with SJM & Buendia further forward.
He knew enough English to tell the ref he had got it wrong yesterday. Not sure where him not speaking the language has come from tbh.

He knew enough English to tell the ref he had got it wrong yesterday. Not sure where him not speaking the language has come from tbh.

Thought I heard as recently as this year that he still needed an interpreter on the training ground.

Regardless, I'm still not convinced by him - here's hoping SG finds what he can do well and consistently, he just doesn't read the game well enough for me.

I know it wasn't a red as he didn't make contact but going in like that studs showing is absolutely retarded in this day and age. Could of cost us the game.
As it was , why didn't the palace player get booked for simulation

There was a Villa video of Dean Smith putting on a celebration to welcome Dougie back to Bodymoor after this summer's Olympics. Dougie needed an interpreter then.