The Douglas Luiz Thread | Page 22 | Vital Football

The Douglas Luiz Thread

I think what they mean is he hasn't been head and shoulders above the rest as we now have a few other star players performing. He certainly looks the part to me
Yep, got to say he’s an integral part of our system. He presses well, doesn’t win everything, but generally slows the oppo enough for someone else to get back at them as well.

He‘s obviously being asked to play a certain way and doing it very well. Think we will see much more of the press, press, press of teams that like the ball.

I am happy with every one of our main 11. Even Trez Bremner. I am happy with Traore as sub or if he starts.

I can see faults and mistakes but blimey what are we expecting from our team.

Well done to Luiz for his first start for Brazil. Just hope it doesn’t bring too much attention to him because I think we’ve got a real gem on our hands if we can keep hold of him.

Have City still got the buy back option on him - or have we sorted that out?

25m this summer going up to 30m next summer is the rumour.

Apparently he had a good game for Brazil but he played in such a different role for them on the left side behind Neymar and spent most of his time in the third half.

I assume the buy back clause still exists. Strongly rumoured that it runs for 2 years from the initial deal and was £25m in the first year rising to £30m this year. I haven’t seen anything that we’ve paid Man City off or anything to kill off that part of the deal.

I wonder how many times he was caught out of position?

1602346341319.png

As I said said earlier played in a completely different position for Brazil, and for me one where he seems more successful. 95% pass rate for that game 88/95 completed, 105 touches, 2 dribbles, 5/5 long balls and created two key passes.

We've seen ourselves what he's capable of in the final third.

Last edited:
I assume the buy back clause still exists. Strongly rumoured that it runs for 2 years from the initial deal and was £25m in the first year rising to £30m this year. I haven’t seen anything that we’ve paid Man City off or anything to kill off that part of the deal.

That's my understanding of the deal too David. £30m for City to take him back. I rate Dug but the buy back is not stressing me now. We've made some serious progress this year regarding player recruitment. If City take him back, we double our money and then go and blow £45m on his replacement.

That's my understanding of the deal too David. £30m for City to take him back. I rate Dug but the buy back is not stressing me now. We've made some serious progress this year regarding player recruitment. If City take him back, we double our money and then go and blow £45m on his replacement.

That's of course if he wants to go back.