The Douglas Luiz Thread | Page 20 | Vital Football

The Douglas Luiz Thread

Re Pep, I'm honestly still not getting the love in even though I love the idea of central midfielders being centre halves and centre halves suddenly becoming attacking midfielders - or what the hell his idea of total football is.

Let him manage Stevenage where he needs to clean the bog to help out so he has and extra £100 for the transfer budget and then we'll see how clever a manager he is.

I still don't think Luiz has shown enough for them to give us £5m myself.

And that's not meant as disrespectful to Luiz either - he's improved but not that much. His improvement shows how crap some of the rest of them are that we think he's a world beater.

Yeah but if he'd managed Stevenage then we'd have people saying anyone with Stevenage on their CV shouldn't be managing Villa as apparently its disgraceful enough that someone who was in charge at Walsall and Brentford is our current manager.

Still only 22 years old. Could become a World class player and I hope we can buy out the clause in his contract where Man City have the option to re-sign him.

Really like his commitment as well and how he settled.

Still only 22 years old. Could become a World class player and I hope we can buy out the clause in his contract where Man City have the option to re-sign him.

Really like his commitment as well and how he settled.

Yep, he really worked on his language skills and fitness during lockdown and boy did we see him shine when we came back. A squad full of players of his talent and commitment and we could be dangerous.

Does anyone else think Luiz looks good as a number 8 rather than a 6?

It will be interesting to see how Brazil utilise him.