The Danny Ings Thread | Page 17 | Vital Football

The Danny Ings Thread

Good , because the list of players who have taken time to settle and get used to new workmates and systems is endless.

How many strikers we had with great scoring record till they come here we don't use them right not enough creativity if one of our players see the goal sooner shoot than pass to create the goal

To get the best from Ings Villa need to play a proper front three of strikers a la Liverpool, not 'wide men/ wingers'.

Buendia also needs to be on the pitch feeding Ings when he's riding on the last man.
Agree, CD but BUENDIA has not got up to speed yet. That will happen,he is a class player but,in away games,in particular, Marvellous merits more starts.We are playing attractive football but,too often,we look vulnerable defensively.

Agree, CD but BUENDIA has not got up to speed yet. That will happen,he is a class player but,in away games,in particular, Marvellous merits more starts.We are playing attractive football but,too often,we look vulnerable defensively.

We have to hope Buendia can get up to speed. It doesn't always happen an example being Jota.

Think we need to get into the mind set of a top team, where no player is guaranteed to play. Do that and the problem goes away. Neither Ings nor Ollie needs to start every game. The players are there to serve the club, not vice versa.

Having said that, I see Ollie as the number 1. He brings a huge amount with his intelligent movement, which he keeps going all game. And he scores goals; the goal against Spurs was a true striker's goal. Ollie fits in with Smith's approach, in a way that Ings doesn't quite.

I think Buendia should be starting, but on the wing and not in central / attacking midfield as that doesn’t look like his natural game and it weakens the 2 in midfield behind. Ings is a good PL striker and less than 15 goals there will be questions asked whether we’ve managed to get the best out of him. He needs creativity around him, as do most strikers. When everyone is fully fit we should have enough creativity to get him that amount of goals and if not will be a failure of our summer recruitment strategy or our tactics throughout the season.

Jesus Christ, Emi Buendia is young, he's in and around the Argentinian national side. Lionel Messi approached this lad and told him to switch his allegiance from Spain to Argentina.

Jota was never anywhere near the Spanish underage setup never mind the national side. Get a grip lads.

I agree.

Also, I know this comment won't be popular but Ramsey has had a few opportunities to assist Ings this season but has instead gone for the shot - despite Ings being in a better position to score.
Ramsay's quality in the final third is pretty shite to be honest, we need to get Buendia in and give him a good run of games, Buendia has a lot of quality about him, Ramsay is not capable of scoring the sort of goal Buendia did against Brentford.

Is Ings fit for tomorrow's game or is he out?

I read on one website that Gerrard said that he was fit, but then I read somewhere else that he said that he's had an injury setback?

Is Ings fit for tomorrow's game or is he out?

I read on one website that Gerrard said that he was fit, but then I read somewhere else that he said that he's had an injury setback?

Out from the latest thing I've seen. Injury set back, they were trying to be careful with him Sunday, now looks like he will miss this one totally. Makes sense, get him fully fit for the teams we have more of a chance against really.