The Danny Ings Thread | Page 19 | Vital Football

The Danny Ings Thread

Well he said it and he was rumoured to be on 60k a week, so 70k may be correct.
I know Ben foster was on 50k at the Baggies who are small-time compared to us
I guess various bonuses and annual % increases could have lifted him to that. We were so badly run weren't we?

I guess various bonuses and annual % increases could have lifted him to that. We were so badly run weren't we?

At the time he was our main striker so £65-70k wouldn't have been out of the ordinary. It was also cheaper for Randy to do that than fund the signing of a decent goalscorer

We needed another striker and nobody would have turned down Danny Ings at the time. What he wasn't was part of Jack's replacement.

I'm giving all our new signings a free pass for a while based on the chaos that is this season at Villa Park. If he comes good we'll be very happy indeed.

We'd be well advised to try to get rid of Ings this coming window, Scott Hogan MK2.

If someone showed an interest yes but I think he could have a place as an expensive super sub. I certainly wouldn’t bomb squad him. In a game where we’re chasing a goal and dominating play you can carry him.

Looking at how this has all played out to me it seems like a Purslow solo effort like when he brought Joe Cole to Liverpool. I feel like Dean and Purslow vetoed Langer.

Our summer business is turning out to be really poor and smacks of unplanned panic because of you know who dropping us in it.

Ings, Buendia both look really poor and Bailey was bought injured.
Yep £90m down the toilet . I had been tipped off about Bailey, Ings always smacked of PR desperation to quell the noise of Joe being kidnapped. Based on reports from Norfolk I had hoped Buendia would be decent , I was worried driving back from Watford and he's still making the same mistakes and having those diva strops

Squad player who might turn the tide for us in a tight game but not a starter for me. I don’t think he will fit into our future plans. Not his fault. Wrong player, wrong time.

One thing I will give him credit for is his workrate and seems a good pro. He's handled being dropped ok on the face of it.

His lack of pace is a severe problem for the way we want to play. Technically he's fine. I am a bit disappointed in his decision making when he gets into good areas though. There was one particular occasion where he was played through, should have shot with his left but instead tried to cut back onto his right, held it for what seemed like to long and then when he should have shot he passed it to Buendia who had made a run outside of him and drawn a defender out of his way.

He's clearly not a bad player but somethings not right. Is he not 100% fit. Not confident or does he just not fit our system?

I thought he made some good runs first half but we played the ball the wrong side of him and when he did get it he shot when he could have passed and visa vera.
Painfully lumbering though, unless it's his style but he looks like the player I thought he was when we signed him a carthorse, I was then enlightened that he could play wide and had skills. I've yet to see this. We do however know he can finish give the chances .
He and Watkins don't seem to want to play together. We have the money to replace both

£30m buys you a proven goalscorer at this level. Perhaps he’s already slipping into the category of lower PL striker with the current demands on athleticism. He’s 29 now and could do a job for a Newcastle or I feel he will only be a bit part player for us. When we bought him I saw him as back up for Watkins and still do.

His stats were excellent when we signed him but he just doesn't fit. Gerrard mustn't fall into the trap smith did of trying to accommodate him by changing the team set up.