The Cowleys in talks with Sheffield Wednesday? | Page 29 | Vital Football

The Cowleys in talks with Sheffield Wednesday?

In my eyes that's not reporting it's just gossip and sh-t stirring. Report stuff when there is something to report.

It's football. They have hours of TV to fill in between betting ads. I'd prefer a blank screen myself, or even for a world where Sky didn't exist. But as long as fools are parted with their money we are where we are.

Why are they lying bastards?

Given the age we're in, with morons like Donald Trump and Boris Johnson in charge, Brexit, 'fake news' etc, it's dangerous territory to throw around abuse at journalists who are already being marginalised and described as the "enemy of the people". No, we're just humans - like the rest of you - who are trying to inform the public what is happening. Will it be correct 100% of the time? No, of course it won't. But if you think people sit at home and genuinely think of rumours to make up, then I'm sorry but you've got no grasp of reality.

I've said the same thing and been ignored or worse. Glad you got some appreciation.

"But if you think people sit at home and genuinely think of rumours to make up, then I'm sorry but you've got no grasp of reality."

Well some journalists sat at home dialling the voicemails of celebrities to see if there was some personal horrors they could publish all over their rags, so I'm afraid they have set a pretty low bar for what I believe some journalists are capable of.

Why are they lying bastards?

See, I know we're all concerned whenever rumours like these surface but - as a local journalist myself - I'm starting to get peeved off with the abuse reporters are receiving whenever a club is linked to the Cowley brothers. I know we don't like it, but it doesn't give supporters free reign to say what they want to these people.

Do you genuinely think journalists are making up these stories?! Don't be so naive to think Cowley didn't speak to Wednesday, or WBA for that matter, or Luton, Ipswich, so on and so on. Has any media outlet actually reported DC WILL be the next Wednesday manager? Or did they just say they were in talks? There's a big difference, but accuracy matters.

And then for Rob Makepeace to get criticised for asking questions WE ALL WANT ANSWERING was just farcical. Given the age we're in, with morons like Donald Trump and Boris Johnson in charge, Brexit, 'fake news' etc, it's dangerous territory to throw around abuse at journalists who are already being marginalised and described as the "enemy of the people". No, we're just humans - like the rest of you - who are trying to inform the public what is happening. Will it be correct 100% of the time? No, of course it won't. But if you think people sit at home and genuinely think of rumours to make up, then I'm sorry but you've got no grasp of reality.

DC is the best manager we've ever had and he'll be linked with clubs higher up the chain every other week until he eventually decides to go. Get used to it.
I've very used to it and will probably happen several more times even before Xmas as the strike rate is over 70% in the Championship for managerial changes.
Danny spoke to West Brom and Huddersfield it appears but would appear not to Wednesday. Maybe he did maybe he's a lying bastard too who knows?
Sky did take the original story down and change it.
Liam Denton and the Sheffield Wednesday ticket office manager seem to the two saying they were going if you believe anything on twitter.
It was SSN I was having a go at, who are buggered with the prem

They're not. Do some research, as Sky Sports news should.
Fair play, you're right, I made the assumption that Sky bet is still part of Sky plc, but in fact they sold the last of their shares in Sky bet last year.
But, I'll still question the integrity between the two of them while Sky bet is paying Sky plc to advertise on it's platforms, and the 'Stars' of Sky Sports are the face of Sky bet.

I've very used to it and will probably happen several more times even before Xmas as the strike rate is over 70% in the Championship for managerial changes.
Danny spoke to West Brom and Huddersfield it appears but would appear not to Wednesday. Maybe he did maybe he's a lying bastard too who knows?
Sky did take the original story down and change it.
Liam Denton and the Sheffield Wednesday ticket office manager seem to the two saying they were going if you believe anything on twitter.
It was SSN I was having a go at, who are buggered with the prem

Of course, someone in the actual know could easily contact media such as Sky with false info that Danny was a hot odds certainty to get the job whilst knowing that Gary Monk was actually imminent in the post. And then the betting odds swing heavily in favour of Danny whilst Monk becomes a rank outsider. Whack a big wodge of dosh on Monk and bingo - mega quids in....

Of course, someone in the actual know could easily contact media such as Sky with false info that Danny was a hot odds certainty to get the job whilst knowing that Gary Monk was actually imminent in the post. And then the betting odds swing heavily in favour of Danny whilst Monk becomes a rank outsider. Whack a big wodge of dosh on Monk and bingo - mega quids in....
Been done before, think other names were released to deflect from the Cowleys when we looking.

Well Danny and Nicky will have been linked as odds on favourites to be in the Championship with every club at this rate.

Tbh I do think they have every intention of going to the Championship as soon as possible maybe even next season - With Lincoln City!:wahey:

Fair play, you're right, I made the assumption that Sky bet is still part of Sky plc, but in fact they sold the last of their shares in Sky bet last year.
But, I'll still question the integrity between the two of them while Sky bet is paying Sky plc to advertise on it's platforms, and the 'Stars' of Sky Sports are the face of Sky bet.
Yes, I was a bit blunt with my first response, and no argument with that view. And you'll have found out that Sky Betting and Gaming run Sky Sports Super 6 and Fantasy football. They are free to enter though, so it's quite possible they don't pay full whack for the adverts and/or the personalities who appear in them ?

Blimey! Why wasn't that all over the internet. Some good reporting there then, or were the Cowleys just a smoke screen!?.

The Wendies don’t seem overly happy with the appointment of Monk. I guess not getting Danny and Nicky is bound to be a bit upsetting.

Pre season is when we really need to worry IMO.

Have Birmingham got a permanent manager since Monk quit?
Having grumbled that someone hadn't done research I haven't on this. But I think the basket case Blues have a european head coach, Clotit or something like that, but say it's not a permanent appointment. Cowleys really would be mad to get mixed up with that lot. They sacked a good and popular manager in Rowett and the door has revolved ever since.

Recently Sacked by Birmingham - just over a season there
Middlesbrough - half a season
Leeds - one season

Clouds hanging over his dealings with one specific agent...

Keep this thread warm, it will probably be needed again next summer