The Cowleys in talks with Sheffield Wednesday? | Page 28 | Vital Football

The Cowleys in talks with Sheffield Wednesday?

Well I am sure SkyBet have made lots of money out of their little (made up) story and at what price to them? Well they have upset some fans of little old Lincoln but hey it's not one of the big clubs so Sky Sports don't give a rats arse do they? But it's kept the cash rolling in from the poor suckers who fall for it!

I don’t know where they would have made the money - not many people would place a bet at 1/9 on anything. Far too risky...

I had a glance at the Owlstalk forum and fans of any club are really no different are they?

As they're a much bigger club than LCFC most naturally assume that if their owners want Danny he's certain to answer their call.

There's a real arrogance on display. And I'm not saying it would be any different if we were looking for a new manager and, say, Tim Flowers or Michael Duff were linked.

It looks now as if the speculation has drifted wider. One or two have even suggested Ryan Lowe. He literally only joined Plymouth three months ago. Isn't that what they were moaning about Steve Bruce for?

Everyone's the same.
I didn't think they came across too badly.
The majority of them would be chuffed to bits with Danny and Nicky, a far cry from the scorn heaped upon them from the fans of other clubs over the last few years.

Without tempting fate... if it was DC he wouldnt be announced today... surely it would wait till after the weekend game.

Without tempting fate... if it was DC he wouldnt be announced today... surely it would wait till after the weekend game.

No it's Garry Monk! I wonder if they thought better of approaching DC/NC when they knew they had rejected Huddersfield as "The time isn't right" for them to leave us.

If it’s Monk or whoever it is, as long as it isn’t saint Danny Cowley (and Nicky) it’s blooming great news.

I hope the massive, that’s us I am talking about not SW, give them a great reception back at SB next week.

But they said the wendies were in advanced talks with the Cowleys, lying bastards
Why are they lying bastards?

See, I know we're all concerned whenever rumours like these surface but - as a local journalist myself - I'm starting to get peeved off with the abuse reporters are receiving whenever a club is linked to the Cowley brothers. I know we don't like it, but it doesn't give supporters free reign to say what they want to these people.

Do you genuinely think journalists are making up these stories?! Don't be so naive to think Cowley didn't speak to Wednesday, or WBA for that matter, or Luton, Ipswich, so on and so on. Has any media outlet actually reported DC WILL be the next Wednesday manager? Or did they just say they were in talks? There's a big difference, but accuracy matters.

And then for Rob Makepeace to get criticised for asking questions WE ALL WANT ANSWERING was just farcical. Given the age we're in, with morons like Donald Trump and Boris Johnson in charge, Brexit, 'fake news' etc, it's dangerous territory to throw around abuse at journalists who are already being marginalised and described as the "enemy of the people". No, we're just humans - like the rest of you - who are trying to inform the public what is happening. Will it be correct 100% of the time? No, of course it won't. But if you think people sit at home and genuinely think of rumours to make up, then I'm sorry but you've got no grasp of reality.

DC is the best manager we've ever had and he'll be linked with clubs higher up the chain every other week until he eventually decides to go. Get used to it.

And then for Rob Makepeace to get criticised for asking questions WE ALL WANT ANSWERING was just farcical.

Do agree with that. If he doesn't ask the difficult questions, he'd be accused of being too "pally" with the management. I think I've seen that before on here.
I thought he did well to persist when DC was clearly in a bad frame of mind.

Why are they lying bastards?

See, I know we're all concerned whenever rumours like these surface but - as a local journalist myself - I'm starting to get peeved off with the abuse reporters are receiving whenever a club is linked to the Cowley brothers. I know we don't like it, but it doesn't give supporters free reign to say what they want to these people.

Do you genuinely think journalists are making up these stories?! Don't be so naive to think Cowley didn't speak to Wednesday, or WBA for that matter, or Luton, Ipswich, so on and so on. Has any media outlet actually reported DC WILL be the next Wednesday manager? Or did they just say they were in talks? There's a big difference, but accuracy matters.

And then for Rob Makepeace to get criticised for asking questions WE ALL WANT ANSWERING was just farcical. Given the age we're in, with morons like Donald Trump and Boris Johnson in charge, Brexit, 'fake news' etc, it's dangerous territory to throw around abuse at journalists who are already being marginalised and described as the "enemy of the people". No, we're just humans - like the rest of you - who are trying to inform the public what is happening. Will it be correct 100% of the time? No, of course it won't. But if you think people sit at home and genuinely think of rumours to make up, then I'm sorry but you've got no grasp of reality.

DC is the best manager we've ever had and he'll be linked with clubs higher up the chain every other week until he eventually decides to go. Get used to it.

I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with our local media I think Rob Makepeace and Michael Hortin do a great job and I know they are genuine Lincoln City fans. My mate sits up near Rob in the CO-OP who is always there in his City shirt if he isn't working. I agree with you that the abuse they get is unwarranted.

I don't have an issue with journalists my only gripe is with Sky and how they going about stuff. Everything they do is aimed to be sensational and in some way trying to stir things up! In my eyes that's not reporting it's just gossip and sh-t stirring. Report stuff when there is something to report. Whichever way you look at it Danny and Nicky clearly weren't in advanced talks with Wednesday. Why couldn't they just say we believe that Sheff Wed are interested in the Cowleys which was probably more the case and they have sounded them out etc. No they have to make sensational and basically lie!

Last edited: