The Cowleys in talks with Sheffield Wednesday? | Page 23 | Vital Football

The Cowleys in talks with Sheffield Wednesday?

I like how the Wednesday lot are interpreting his body language, which is the same body language used in every pre-match press conference for the last 3 or 4 years.

The Sheff Wed lot are as excited about the possibility as we were (remember) when we first got him/them. From a similar position where we were excited despite not really knowing much about them.

There is just something about them that makes you excited despite not having (at the time) any real reason to be excited.

I would hope they can leave when its a home game and take a rightful lap of honour and resounding applause and thanks from the Sincil Bank crowd.

That’s all we ask for and I’d imagine the Cowleys have the same sentiment

When ever that day comes you’ll see grown men cry like babies

Without Danny saying anything or not, it didn’t sound like he was likely to be leaving the club anytime soon. For all we know Sheff Weds might not even make a formal offer to speak to Danny and Nicky.

I reckon the cowleys' dream would be to get us into the prem. Only one other manager has got a club from non league to the top tier, and he was shit.
Has the answer been revealed?
Possibly a long time ago or not 5 top levels of the English men's league? Dave Bowen was certainly Welsh but I don't think the non league applies. Doubt the Wimbledon & Wigans of this world had such managerial longevity.

"“It would be nice to put it behind me, but I don’t know if I can."

That sounds favourable, although you have to wonder why he can't, unless he means that the media won't drop the story so it's always lingering.

That sounds favourable, although you have to wonder why he can't, unless he means that the media won't drop the story so it's always lingering.
Maybe because the Merry-go-round never stops!
He knows as soon as this rumor/fact/speculation/tip-straight-from-the-horse's-arse-mouth dies down another 'Bigger Club' will have a vacancy, and it all starts again.
Maybe to save time we should start a thread for each of the other Championship clubs he hasn't been linked with this year!

I think he's just sick and tired of all the b**ls**t he's had to deal with in terms of press speculation over his future. It's been going on ever since Ipswich sacked McCarthy pretty much and the moment some other championship manager is fired it will all start again. Cardiff next?

Maybe because the Merry-go-round never stops!
He knows as soon as this rumor/fact/speculation/tip-straight-from-the-horse's-arse-mouth dies down another 'Bigger Club' will have a vacancy, and it all starts again.
Maybe to save time we should start a thread for each of the other Championship clubs he hasn't been linked with this year!
Well 19 have changed their manager in the last year, so like you say mate it's constant.

I think he's just sick and tired of all the b**ls**t he's had to deal with in terms of press speculation over his future. It's been going on ever since Ipswich sacked McCarthy pretty much and the moment some other championship manager is fired it will all start again. Cardiff next?
Stoke will be looking again too I reckon.

Proof that journalists don't know what they're talking about can be seen in the updated piece that appears in the Sheffield Star.

"Their outstanding track record and attractive style of play has won the Cowleys plenty of admirers"

I bolded that bit.

The Sheff Wed lot are as excited about the possibility as we were (remember) when we first got him/them. From a similar position where we were excited despite not really knowing much about them.

There is just something about them that makes you excited despite not having (at the time) any real reason to be excited.
I think the last time Wednesday got excited was when the Blades got into the premiership!

Ohh what's the big Stoke rumour ?
Latest odds ?

You only have to look at the League table on that one plus Jones bemoaning the players attitudes
Really though Stoke having recruited an up and coming L1 manager last season won't go down the same route twice in light of how it's going tits up for them this

Has the answer been revealed?
Possibly a long time ago or not 5 top levels of the English men's league? Dave Bowen was certainly Welsh but I don't think the non league applies. Doubt the Wimbledon & Wigans of this world had such managerial longevity.

Is it not Dave Bassett at Wimbledon?

Actually no, just looked it up and he took over in January of their first year in the old Fourth Division. It was actually Dario Gradi who got them up - never knew he'd been there.

So I take it the Shefgield Star hasn't had a hack stalking the Cowleys!. It just seems to quote the Daily Facist & Sky sports news!