The Conor Hourihane Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Conor Hourihane Thread

There always seem to be transfer rumours about us and Turkish clubs. I doubt there is much truth in it. Whilst Conor may not be a starter in most matches, he will sometimes come off the bench and start against the weaker teams. I would much rather see us off load the likes of Lansbury, Hogan, Kalinic, Jota who offer us absolutely nothing.

Like you, I would like to see that list moved on first. I might add in Nyland and El Ghazi ahead of Hourihane too.

Yes, Turkey crops up regularly. However, I had wondered whether Conor’s recent reported comments surrounding beefing up the squad added to his in and out role might lead him to see what could be on the table elsewhere. Whether Turkey would be the place though is questionable, given the limited funds that seems to be around out there.

Good player to have in the squad but if we're still relying on him as an important first team regular we're going to struggle again this season. He's fine against teams we'll see a lot of the ball against but anyone else he's not quite there.

Good player to have in the squad but if we're still relying on him as an important first team regular we're going to struggle again this season. He's fine against teams we'll see a lot of the ball against but anyone else he's not quite there.

I think Smith knows this but was forced to play him much more due to the inconsistency of Marv and Doug. Hourihane is perfect for the likes of the WBA Play-off game. When you're down and chasing a goal and people are preoccupied with Grealish he is a great man to have lurking on the edge of the box.

No need for players like John Swift when we have Hourihane, Hourihane pound for pound is as good if not better.

From the 8 minute YouTube video I’ve just watched which makes me a qualified expert on all things John Swift... :sorry:

I would say he’s quite different to Hourihane, he seems comfortable in turning and running at players which is not Hourihanes game. Hourihane has some good YouTube compilations as well which are mainly spectacular goals, but Swift it more McGinn that Conor - to me anyway.

Last edited:

Hitting the first man from 9 corners straight but getting the tenth in the box and people think he’s Beckham :throw:

He’s a squad player at best, I’d keep him but if he’s a strong contender for starter this coming season then that’s a big handicap. We have to improve on him, all about continuous improvement for me or you go backwards

Edit - Why does hit-ting change to an emoji?

Last edited:
From the 8 minute YouTube video I’ve just watched which makes me a qualified expert on all things John Swift... :sorry:

I would say he’s quite different to Hourihane, he seems comfortable in turning and running at players which is not Hourihanes game. Hourihane has some good YouTube compilations as well which are mainly spectacular goals, but Swift it more McGinn that Conor - to me anyway.
They're basically both very average players, neither should be here.