The Cobblers vs Load o' Cobblers | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Cobblers vs Load o' Cobblers

I actually disagree with that. I remember being gutted when we beat Birmingham away in the Championship, knowing that it would keep Warren Joyce in charge even longer and cement our long term fate.

Sounded like this game was the mirror image of Swindon away. Two shite teams cancelling each other out. Difference this time was that it was us who blagged the goal rather than the opposition.

Yep and Swindon have suffered the same fate as Sheridan remains in charge and they haven't won since. They are now below us in the table and hopefully stay there.

Yep and Swindon have suffered the same fate as Sheridan remains in charge and they haven't won since. They are now below us in the table and hopefully stay there.
Last fixture Swindon at home - be so Latics to win and stay up while sending Sheridans lot down 😉

I actually disagree with that. I remember being gutted when we beat Birmingham away in the Championship, knowing that it would keep Warren Joyce in charge even longer and cement our long term fate.

Sounded like this game was the mirror image of Swindon away. Two shite teams cancelling each other out. Difference this time was that it was us who blagged the goal rather than the opposition.
We are in a different situation, i'd sooner Latics win a game
any day of the week, rather than see us lose.

I've supported Latics for over 50 years and NEVER wanted
Latics to lose a match, as for Joyce that was up to the Chairman to sack him win or lose.

How you feeling this morning, with us not conceding and you not being able to blame your usual victim i do worry that someone close to you will cop a broadside to compensate for your angst.....tell your wife /husband to watch her/his p's and q's or they'll feckin get it. That misplaced anger has to go somewhere....Good luck.[/
Frustration yes, anger no. You need to chill out if you’re going to get upset by posters’ opinions on our players.

The flip side of that is what we may think could be a detrimental win that holds off a needed change of approach could end up being the start of revival. The first game of our rival under Martinez in 2012 or Cook last season may have felt like it was just prolonging the agony but it actually turned out to be the start of a great run.

You never know for certain at the time.

The flip side of that is what we may think could be a detrimental win that holds off a needed change of approach could end up being the start of revival. The first game of our rival under Martinez in 2012 or Cook last season may have felt like it was just prolonging the agony but it actually turned out to be the start of a great run.

You never know for certain at the time.
Was never the case for me regarding the former. I always wanted us to win under Bob as I knew he'd get us out of it. Having followed that team up and down the country getting hammered what felt like every week, I knew how good we could be and knew that on our day we could beat any team in the league under him. Thankfully, Whelan knew it as well.

God what I'd give for those days back. A bouncing DW every home game, quality players, quality opposition, quality manager. I feel so sorry for all the poor youngsters who were too late to the party and will never experience it in their lifetimes. We had it so bloody good!

Yes, the game was poor on the whole, but I think this was more down to Northampton than us. We came out fighting from the start and we were unlucky not to be ahead after 5 minutes. Once this happened Northampton did everything they could to stop the flow of the game. We continued to try to play football but were stifled by Northamptons negative play and a really poor pitch!