The Cobblers vs Load o' Cobblers | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Cobblers vs Load o' Cobblers

From the Cobblers Forum:

The money is in the British Virgin Islands

The money man is in Dubai

The Chairman is marooned in the Florida Sunshine

Does anyone, aside from the fans that is,
care about the Football Club any more?

There will be a lot of Clubs having these problems.

A win is a win and this will boost confidence ahead of the run in!Robinson was excellent on his debut and gives hope that we'll not miss Pearce as much as we thought!Aasgard certainly seems to have something and would love to see him on a good surface,Johnston certainly helped to shore up the defence so much that you wonder why he was missing the last two games!Really think we can push on from this now and believe mid table will be our outcome!!

We've seen it time and time again in recent years - football is riddled with complacency from the heavy favourites and no hoper underdogs often raise their game to create the perfect storm for upsets.

We've got some horrible games coming up so let's hope we get a couple of those.

We are Latics, we have been 'underdogs' for years,
yet have won games time and time again, against the odds.

Long may it continue.

For me that was a hard earned but well deserved win, Northampton looked like a team that were playing away against top of the league opposition. They appeared to be playing for a draw from about the fifth minute and became difficult to break down and were getting away with plenty of fouls, as usual we got no help from the usual Poor referee.
Langs goal was great, the strength he showed holding off two defenders pushing and pulling him back it would have been easy for him to go down, glad he didn't the as it would have been waved away as a coming together by the ref!
Defence were much better tonight and the whole team looked like they wanted to play. Man of match for me Curtis Tilt! Keep it up Latics!

Massive win that to give everyone a lift!
Leam got that formation spot on tonight! The 3 CBs were solid and really stood up to Northamptons physical approach of long balls,crosses and set pieces.The 2 WBs and CMs were superb and the front 3 did well.
Lang put a great shift in up front and was rewarded with a cracking goal from a composed finish after a great run.

There was a lot of fight in that performance and I thought we wanted it more than them,which was great to see.
On a rock hard,bobbly pitch we also showed some nice touches and skill along with looking like the only team capable of stringing a few passes together on the difficult surface.

I think tonight showed the right balance between youth and experience in the team. The younger lads add that energy to the team and having that steady experience around them is a good formula to have going into the rest of the season.

That was a big pressure game tonight after the last couple of results and the lads have got the job done. We can now take that confidence and spirit into the next game! Up the tics!

For me that was a hard earned but well deserved win, Northampton looked like a team that were playing away against top of the league opposition. They appeared to be playing for a draw from about the fifth minute and became difficult to break down and were getting away with plenty of fouls, as usual we got no help from the usual Poor referee.
Langs goal was great, the strength he showed holding off two defenders pushing and pulling him back it would have been easy for him to go down, glad he didn't the as it would have been waved away as a coming together by the ref!
Defence were much better tonight and the whole team looked like they wanted to play. Man of match for me Curtis Tilt! Keep it up Latics!
Lang was very clever as he ran across their other centre half to allow him the space to shoot knowing that if the defender clipped him it was a penalty. It was good play and a composed finish

Lang was very clever as he ran across their other centre half to allow him the space to shoot knowing that if the defender clipped him it was a penalty. It was good play and a composed finish

Was waxing lyrically exactly the same to my lad at the time Swindon, having played up front (poorly) as a "nippy but scrawny" centre forward for over a decade in the Wigan Sunday pub leagues and having come up against great hulking beasts of CB's week in week out that ability to fend off a grappling opponent and then get across them to take them out of the equation and open up both sides of the goal for the finish became instinctive bread and butter and Lang did it superbly for his goal last night.

How you feeling this morning, with us not conceding and you not being able to blame your usual victim i do worry that someone close to you will cop a broadside to compensate for your angst.....tell your wife /husband to watch her/his p's and q's or they'll feckin get it. That misplaced anger has to go somewhere....Good luck.

How you feeling this morning, with us not conceding and you not being able to blame your usual victim i do worry that someone close to you will cop a broadside to compensate for your angst.....tell your wife /husband to watch her/his p's and q's or they'll feckin get it. That misplaced anger has to go somewhere....Good luck.
Looks like it is you that's woken with a bit of "angst" this morning John, what's have you had to get out of a warm bed and venture into that bitter wind.

Your mate had nothing to do last night, it is not quite the same as pulling us through with his excellence.

Bringing VSO and Dodoo on in the last 20 of a close game is going to frighten any team in league one. I thought Lang was sensational last night but I really like Ojo getting involved in everything. He makes the odd mistake but is making a big difference in front of the defence. Whole team were spot on.

There is no such thing as a bad win,
i'll take a scrappy win anytime, the team must be 'chuffed' with
a win, they deserve a break for a change.
I actually disagree with that. I remember being gutted when we beat Birmingham away in the Championship, knowing that it would keep Warren Joyce in charge even longer and cement our long term fate.

Sounded like this game was the mirror image of Swindon away. Two shite teams cancelling each other out. Difference this time was that it was us who blagged the goal rather than the opposition.

I actually enjoyed the game last night and the goal late on was the icing on the cake, but lets not get ahead of ourselves talking about mid table finishes etc.

A tough 3 weeks coming up five out of the six games are against teams in the top half of the league, all pushing for promotion or a play off spot, i hope not but this time next week we could be down to earth with a bang.
Ive been involved in football long enough to not get carried away with a win against a team struggling like us.